NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many of you, I've been searching for a HO alternator with no luck. I might of came up with an idea!!! I can't find the info online, but does anyone know if the Pontiac Vibe uses a higher output alternator than the Celica does? I thought that maybe because of all those power ports and the 115v convertor, it may have a larger one. Just a thought!!!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Hmm. Interesting idea. I'll also look into it on Monday when I get into work. I also had a guy working on a HO alternator for me. And yeah, that fell through.

Curt

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Well, looking up a 2003 Pontiac Vibe with the 2zz engine (L engine code), the Poniac dealership doesn't show an amperage output listing. I called my import dealer place, and they don't have any listings for that engine.

I'm searching online for the listing on the output of the alternator, but no luck. The vehicle is too new for the alternator to appear in my computer at work, but if I find anything, I'll let ya' know.

Curt

edit: MatrixVibe.net doesn't even have anything about HO alternators.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been trying to find out something too online and nada!!! Thanks for looking!!! I might try to swing by the Pontiac place and see if they could tell me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.