NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys, I have a PFC brain childing my turbo setup. I been having a problem with my idle after the car warms up. It seems to happen only after ive pushed it some. It just goes up and down from 1200-1739rpm its so annoying! When it does happen I found out that if I cut the fan on(not ac) the idle goes back to normal, for awhile then it starts again, then sometimes if i push on the defroster on after that it will go back to normal again, then after awhile again back to the rising idle. I have the idle set at 1000 for all, and I played around with some ING settings but to no avail. Right now i dont have a thermostat in so im wondering if it has something to do with the water correction settings. The car doesnt see the middle click for a long while after driving the car, even after ive pushed it. Im lost for ideas now.

ohh..just thought too, im still running stock plugs right now until i get my new ones.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I also have a little idle problem but it seems to be different from yours. My idle fluctuates when i let off the gas, it will drop to like 500 and almost stall, then rev up to 1100. It does that for like 5 seconds then idles smoothly at 1000 (i think its set at that).
I havent posted this cuz i havent checked my mafs yet or my iac. Another possiblility could be a lightened flywheel but im not sure yet.

Did you do the procedure for letting ur pfc learn idle (the 10 mins no load, 10 with ac, 10 with defrost). Since your car is turboed, it could be so many factors.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
the pfc is supposed to have an automatic idle feature on it. That it tries to automatically correct for a smoothe idle.

I have the same problem with n/a idle when the air conditioner is turn on. With it off it works fine.

I know smaay had some idling problems with the prototype kit, I fogot what we did to fix it??

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i was chatting with jeff and forgot to check the easy things first..cleaning the maf and the TB...DUH!! So ill check that out and see if it works.

·
Registered
593 Posts
You could be running rich at idle which will cause the problems you described or you could also have a problem with your timing settings. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts