NewCelica.org Forum banner

Would you buy the IM if there was another GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there was another IM group buy ( now that this one is filled up) would you buy it?

Be realistic here..if you cant/not willing to save up the money dont say "yes"

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
There won't be another group buy (for the discount) so don't keep your hopes up. There will be more batches made after this first batch of 20, that's known. Just save your money up and send him a deposit to get your name down on the list for the next batch. Prices are still left up to Boosted and LR as they are still unsure of what the final production price will be.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think if a greater number of manifolds are ordered and his suppliers come up with a better price then maybe it could be the same price as the first group buy. The price is what puts me off, but thats up to boosted :(

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Boosted has already stated his plan. The $$$ investment they made requires quite a few IM sold. So, unless you can get like 50 persons to pay right now (even then, taht's up to them), I'd forget about having a lower price .. It is not cheap but $$$/HP is THE best we have so far. Plus quality will be there from the info we have. Can't complain! Get over it!

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Boosted has already stated his plan. The $$$ investment they made requires quite a few IM sold. So, unless you can get like 50 persons to pay right now (even then, taht's up to them), I'd forget about having a lower price .. It is not cheap but $$$/HP is THE best we have so far. Plus quality will be there from the info we have. Can't complain! Get over it!
x2...he said they're not even making a profit off this group buy.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well if he is going sell more when they are at 800 and less when they are 1000 it MIGHT be better profit to sell them at 800. Hes got to figure out what the supply and demand curve looks like and then pick the price that gives him the most profit...economics people...economics.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
I can tell you right now we won't be selling them for $800 again. To be honest I doubt the second run will be $1000 either - its more likely to be higher than that. We ran the original group buy purely to generate interest and ensure that the manifolds would get out there in a timely fashion. Theres not going to be enough profit in the peice at that level to make it worth selling. Sure - if we could sell 1000 instead of 100 because of that it might be something to consider, but thats not going to happen - the 2ZZ performance market isn't close to that big and we'd be setting ourselves up for a situation where we would be lucky to make back out investment the first year.

I already got quotes on price breaks at quantities all the way up to 100 from our vendors and theres not enough wiggle room to make it worthwhile unless we can get like 40-50 people together. And even that would be bringing it down from whatever it winds up at to something only about 10% lower because thats the best they will do even at that quantity - I negotiated some pretty good deals on the pricing as it is because I have them the performance data and projected sales over the next couple of years and they gave us some really great deals as a result. But thats all relative - a really great deal on a custom CNC flange is still pretty pricey ya know?

·
Registered
405 Posts
If I had the money now i'd even pay 1400 for this. Its well worth that. Probably even more when we find out the final numbers. This isnt cheap to do and anyone who thinks its unfair needs to look at their bank numbers before complaining. And thats before you go into cardiac arrest from the dyno numbers. :gap:

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
seriously people. think about it they poured countless hours that they could have been spending with their families or working on their own personal projects and went out and bought a flow bench to do this paid for all the cnc work for the flanges ad crap and plus all the dyno time the broken tranny any parts they needed to up grade. they arent getting rich off of this people. they're doin it for the love of the game. and they deserve to make at least their money back and i personally feel they deserve much more than just what this all cost them and theyre not asking for that. after you figure the parts the shipping assembly their own damn time all the dyno time all the equipment and maintenance they are being very selfless and we should all be grateful that these two men went through this much trouble to bring this to us.

·
Registered
19 Posts
x2... That's just not right. After all the work they've done you shouldn't be arguing and trying to force their hand. How about a little respect and loyalty to the guys, Hell and I'm not even a regular on this forum...

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
If I were Boosted and Little Rocket, I would charge absolutely as much as the market would bear. I was actually the one that suggested they limit the group buy price to 10 people. In hindsight I should have told them to not offer a group buy at all. The numbers pretty much speak for themselves and in the end, all they did was leave $2000 on the table. To take that a step further, people probably would have paid $1200 for this, meaning that they left basically $6000 on the table (my numbers assume a production run of 20 which may be off).

Boosted and Little Rocket: if you're reading this, I would highly recommend you not offer any group buy prices to the Lotus or Corolla/Matrix/Vibe markets.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im not saying drop the price(but i would be more inclined to buy it) and im not hateing on boosted (because i know he did it with good intentions) i just wanted to make a thread to see how many of the people that didnt make the group buy would actually buy them. BUT, in the whole 2zz market, say 30 people would buy it at $800 that comes out to $24,000 and if he sold it at $1000 only 20 people bought it (which would come out to $20,000) he would make a bigger profit selling it at a lower price. Technically speaking that is because there is a number of other factors to this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
im not saying drop the price(but i would be more inclined to buy it) and im not hateing on boosted (because i know he did it with good intentions) i just wanted to make a thread to see how many of the people that didnt make the group buy would actually buy them. BUT, in the whole 2zz market, say 30 people would buy it at $800 that comes out to $24,000 and if he sold it at $1000 only 20 people bought it (which would come out to $20,000) he would make a bigger profit selling it at a lower price. Technically speaking that is because there is a number of other factors to this.
Assume $400 cost on each manifold
Sold 30 at $800 w/ $400 profit = $12000
Sold 20 at $1000 w/ $600 profit = $12000
Cost would have to be $400 to just break even with those numbers...

Now I guarantee you with all the CNC work, custom pieces, shipping of parts and distribution of finished product, each manifold has well over $400 in cost. That's not even counting the cost for a flow bench, dyno time, test parts, blown tranny, gas and oil burned on pulls, LABOR/TIME AWAY FROM FAMILY. The man's already said no let's leave it at that.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
like i said before...im not begging him to bring down the price but the higher the price means that less people are going to buy it. And i just wanted to see how many people were actually interested in getting it

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
Stop being cheap, if you don't have $1000 save up.
The manifolds are not going to disappear.
Just save up, once you have enough buy it.
boosted has put way to much time and effort to give everyone a discount.
N/A is not cheap get that in your heads!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
You should have just manned up and bought one cheap when you had the chance. Thats something I learned from newcelica, if there is a good price on anything someone will come along and buy it before you have a chance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.