NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some no dick asshole broke my drivers window last night!:angry: :furious: :angry: it looks like they shot it with a pellet gun, little hole in the middle and the whole thing is spiderwebbed. the only thing holding it together is the tint. anyone know how much they are to replace? suggestions on where to get the replacement? anyone here taken the doors apart, how much of a pain would it be for me to put the new one in myself? i've taken windows out before for tinting (older accord), and that wasn't too bad, is there anything that would make this tough for a DIY?

i think i'm gonna get a surveilance camera so i can tape my car every night. then i hope they do it again so i can find them and take a potato peeler to their tiny pecker and make them get teabagged by a homeless guy. fuckers, man that pisses me off! ok, i'm done ranting. thank you for your time, you may now go about your lives as usual.

·
Registered
346 Posts
here you go man. this should do it for you. I have used these guys before for a clutch and it was genuine oem and works great! Sorry to hear about that. Insurance should cover but might not be worth it depending on how high your deductible is.

L.E.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
sorry that happend bro, i'm not too sure how much it would cost. but when i got my front windshield replaced it was 150bux installed so it would probably be cheaper than that. haters that fawk with other people are ghey! i have a pellet gun wound on my front left fender from haters at school. thx to them i have a little dent and it chipped off my paint.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by gains238
here you go man. this should do it for you. I have used these guys before for a clutch and it was genuine oem and works great! Sorry to hear about that. Insurance should cover but might not be worth it depending on how high your deductible is.

L.E.
wow, never knew how weird our side windows are shaped! they look like a knife or a fin or something. it's definitely not worth reporting to insurance, especially since it happened at my house. they would then see it as a risky place to park and would probably jack my rates up. plus my deductible is definitely higher than it will cost on my own.

Originally posted by jdm-style
sorry that happend bro, i'm not too sure how much it would cost. but when i got my front windshield replaced it was 150bux installed so it would probably be cheaper than that. haters that fawk with other people are ghey! i have a pellet gun wound on my front left fender from haters at school. thx to them i have a little dent and it chipped off my paint.
i'm thinking the side will be about the same as the front, mainly because of it's odd shape. then i have to get new tint as well. and i'll probably have to re-tint the whole car because it won't match up due to fading from the sun over the last 2 years and a few months. this blows! :sadpace: anyone want to sponsor me?? ;)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, dropping my car off tonight to get it replaced tomorrow. 105 including labor, tax, and everything (called a few places, most said around 140). he said they also had a used one in stock that would be 70 bucks including everything, but i'm sketchy on used stuff. then on tuesday i have an appointment to get all my other tint removed and everything re-tinted while i'm at work for 150 total (seemed a little high to me, but he said the back window is a b!tch to remove tint from because of the defroster lines. that they have to use a heat gun and a steamer to get it off, can't use any razors, and it takes a long time to do).

that sound good to you guys, or do you have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by jdm-style
sounds good to me. price for the window was cheaper than i thought:)
yeah same here, i was thinking around 150. it pays to call around, then haggle em down as much as possible!

·
Banned
1,630 Posts
gains238 said:

L.E.

This website just saved me tons of $$ thanks...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts