NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to change my own sparkplugs on my 2000 Celica GT? Anyone can criticize, but I'm not a mechanic obviously, and I'm new at this. I just wanna learn how to maintain my car myself. So if there's anyone that can help, please let me know. I'll greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Originally posted by dark_g
Can anyone tell me how to change my own sparkplugs on my 2000 Celica GT? Anyone can criticize, but I'm not a mechanic obviously, and I'm new at this. I just wanna learn how to maintain my car myself. So if there's anyone that can help, please let me know. I'll greatly appreciate it!
really easy. unclip the ignition modules that are on the top the the coils then using a 10 mm socket take off the 4 bolts holding the ignition coils down. then you'll pull out the coils. get a spark plug socket. celis r 5/8" get an extension for the ratchet too. lefty loosey righty tighty :) take out the plugs and check for corrosion if ur gonna use em again. if not, go to auot parts store and and tell them ur ride and they'll give u the correct plugs. (i don't think our plugs need to be gapped at all) put the plug in the socket and tighten em back down. (not too tight, or you'll f up the threading.) then just replace the clips and coils to the designated plugs, replace the 4 bolts and ur done.
hope this helps

-aaron

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by branizzle
really easy. unclip the ignition modules that are on the top the the coils then using a 10 mm socket take off the 4 bolts holding the ignition coils down. then you'll pull out the coils. get a spark plug socket. celis r 5/8" get an extension for the ratchet too. lefty loosey righty tighty :) take out the plugs and check for corrosion if ur gonna use em again. if not, go to auot parts store and and tell them ur ride and they'll give u the correct plugs. (i don't think our plugs need to be gapped at all) put the plug in the socket and tighten em back down. (not too tight, or you'll f up the threading.) then just replace the clips and coils to the designated plugs, replace the 4 bolts and ur done.
hope this helps

-aaron
Basically.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
Basically.
He left out the cheap filler, and got strait to the point. Good man branizzle. It is a walkthough even the most mechanically challenged can understand.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Originally posted by POISONLOTUS
He left out the cheap filler, and got strait to the point. Good man branizzle. It is a walkthough even the most mechanically challenged can understand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts