NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! i just got an AUTO :ugh: '02 Celica GT and i have about $850 to spend for mods.

I just got an AEM intake and i need help, esp from the SoCal members. Where would be a good place to get my intake installed? I called a few places it was like $140 and i think thats too much. I also want to install it myself but im not sure if I am able to. Is it hard or will my skills that i acquired from auto class in highschool be enough? I am also willing to pay SoCal members here if they help me install it at a reasonable price if they want.

Thinking of getting an exhaust too, TRD or Greddy evo2 or HKS probably. If the difference isnt that great i'll go with the cheaper one since TRD is too pricey for now. Also need help with the install for it.

Anyone willing to help??????????? :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I knew nothing about cars. But knew one end of a wrench from another. CAI was my first mod, and I did it myslf. Get a little dirty and do it yourself. :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
dude, why did you buy an intake if you cant install it yourself... it is quite possibly the easiest thing to install, everything you need access to is right there in front, you also will need a philips head screw driver, and thats about it

·
Registered
419 Posts
exaust is a different story, if you want it done well then you need to know how to weld, and that is somethign you pay someone to do... if you pay me to i will install it for you, i know how to weld... however you would also have to pay me to fly out from indiana

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh ok..just wanted to stay safe and not ruin anything. the aem box is still unopened and i still havnt read the manual, if theres no cutting stuff involved i think il give it a shot. i have never done car work by myself b4 except for putting air on my tires and changed my oil once..

sorry if i sound so newbie and im pretty sure theres going to be more newbie posts for me to come haha

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got it because its cheap and gives a noticeable difference in my cars performance..i got it for $210 i thought that was a good price (not from ebay)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry for the double post..pressed back accidentally. btw, he mentioned getting a GTS transmission..what is that? what gains wil i get?

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
SlamminS85 said:
exaust is a different story, if you want it done well then you need to know how to weld, and that is somethign you pay someone to do... if you pay me to i will install it for you, i know how to weld... however you would also have to pay me to fly out from indiana
Weld? What are you talking about? The exhausts he mentioned for his car are bolt-on. Two bolts, 3 hangers...done.

My suggestion for future reference: Look around the site first.

Exhaust install: http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115462
Intake install (it's for a 6spd, but its very similar for the auto): http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=118057

or just do a search.
ohdilly said:
sorry for the double post..pressed back accidentally. btw, he mentioned getting a GTS transmission..what is that? what gains wil i get?
who mentioned getting a GTS tranny here? What that person probably meant, is just that, getting a 6-speed GTS transmission swapped in...if your budget is $850 and you think a TRD exhaust is too expensive...don't even think about doing any sort of tranny swaps...too expensive and too much of a headache.

BTW, you can go back and edit your posts instead of posting a new one.

·
Registered
419 Posts
it was me in his double thread creation where i said to get a GTS tranny swap.. but i forgot how big a pain it is to swap an auto out for a manual... i almost did no my old 93 integra before i realized i would have to fabricate a slightly different tranny mount.... everything else i was going to do i was prepared for

and you spent a lot on that intake...

and as far as welding, im not up on all what the new exhaust systems are, so i just assumed welding, and i thought the TRD was a weld on

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.