NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Name is Katie, Im from New York, I am planning on buying a Celica GTS in spring; well im hoping to. At the moment I own a 97 Eclipse. I love cars, and have been for a while now, so I hope im welcome here. let me know what you think

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
get a 2000 GTS.. Its alot cheaper now and you can find some with as little as 35 to 40k. In my opinion its the best year for performance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wanna get a 2000 or 2001 b cuz my friend rob said somthing about they're faster or somthing b cuz of the higher redline? thats what i heard. It doesnt really matter to me, as long as it has a sunroof, is manual and im trying to get one with the stock body kit on it...
I found white one, a red one a blue one, and a black one.. all gts all diff years. But im really interested in Yellow. But i 'll take what i can get.
If n e 1 has n e thing to say about which ones are better im always open to ideas.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome!

From what Ive read, the '02's are the only ones with the lower redline limiter (at 7.8), I think they all have a fuel cutoff at 8.2?

Anyways, tons of people here who know their stuff. Someone can definately help you with whatever you need.

J

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
hi katie. Whatever you do, make sure you find a good celi. These cars comes with their share of problems b/c there are people like me that rip on their cars and blast music so i cant hear the strange noises coming from my engine. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
welcome to the forum....glad ur picking Celica instead of other cars.........my opinion abt which celica to get is: looks go for the 2003 and ups better paint jobs and interior; performance go for 2000-2001. Color i would get a Carbon Blue cuz it looks black be at certain angle and lighting, it blue but yellow is nice too...Good luck finding it..try the for sale section in here they got some good one for sale.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by jcambros
Welcome!

From what Ive read, the '02's are the only ones with the lower redline limiter (at 7.8), I think they all have a fuel cutoff at 8.2?

Anyways, tons of people here who know their stuff. Someone can definately help you with whatever you need.

J
7800 cut off on 02.

Originally posted by eclpschck14
I wanna get a 2000 or 2001 b cuz my friend rob said somthing about they're faster or somthing b cuz of the higher redline? thats what i heard. It doesnt really matter to me, as long as it has a sunroof, is manual and im trying to get one with the stock body kit on it...
I found white one, a red one a blue one, and a black one.. all gts all diff years. But im really interested in Yellow. But i 'll take what i can get.
If n e 1 has n e thing to say about which ones are better im always open to ideas.
only 03 and up is yellow.

·
Registered
340 Posts
welcome get a 2000

·
Registered
572 Posts
Originally posted by eclpschck14

get the red one (they're faster) :headbang:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sadness, Mercy Please!!!

I have an '02, unfortunately I had no idea about the darn limiter until I found this place. It was here that I realized I am the only MORON with a car that definitely won't hit 6,000 RPM till it warms up and forget about the darn redline....It reaches that before you can blink. If you can find an '02 super cheap though, they have ways of modifying this.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts