NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mis-Shifted my baby last night :wtc:

Ran out all of 4th gear...was sure i pushed it over far enough...popped into 3rd...let it out real quick..was finme for about 10 minutes..then started makin noises. Hopefully i let out as to not damage it too much but its pretty bad.

Going to go to dealership on Monday..hopefully i can convince them to fix under warranty..any suggestions?

:wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc:

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Bring it back to the dealer stock...your short ram will kill your warrenty, and I don't know about your clutch.

-Wil

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
:werd: and when they ask what happened, tell them you misshifted while rushing your sick grandmother to the hospital. that might help a little.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As soon as i start postin on this board nothing but bad things happen to my car..clutch goes up, synchros are shot and then i mis-shift..

i hate u guys! :bang::angry:

:chuckles:

·
Registered
504 Posts
ITs the DCM curse I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The one on Ritchie Hwy. Anyone hear anything bout them? Rt. 2 for those who aint from around the area. I think its like Toyota of Glen Burnie or something.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
I haven't really heard much about other dealerships. Mine is super cool and laid back but I'm not sure if it's b/c I am a girl into cars or another reason. :gap:

So how did it go? What were you doing when you misshifted anyway?

mei*

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
I go to Bill Kids up in Cockeysville. It's a bit of a hike, but they are usually cool about my car. Of course i don't have hardly any mods done to it, and like Mei, I wonder if they like me because I'm a girl into cars. They know I know my stuff, and they don't try to pull anything on me.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I went to Jim Colemans toyota right off the democracy exit off 270.. it took them awhile to fix (i think because of 9/11) but they did.. i spoke to their warranties manager and he told me that i can continue to do things to my car and it will not effect my warranty unless i decide to chip it which will automatically effect all electrical things.. he told me intake, exhaust, won't do anything to effect your warranty, unless of course it is a direct cause

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
I go to Russell Toyota on Rt 40. I've never had a problem when I was under warrenty even with a CAI and strut bars. Then again you can now buy that kinda stuff outta their parts dept. :chuckles:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well i took off my shortram just in case and took it up there yesterday. So far they have told me that they cant find out where the rattling or tapping is coming from yet. They arent sure if its from the tranny ( dunno why it would be there ) or the engine. Hopefully they will give me that rental car today..need a way to get around.

Also im going to ask them to replace my synchros because they were grinding. Would my clutch affect that in any way? Like that wouldnt void the warranty right?

So far so good..hehe...love my 100,000 mile warranty.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow...they just told me that they are almost positive that the noise is coming from the transmission and i didnt do anything to the engine.

They said they are gonna give me a whole new tranny. Sounds good to me so far. Hopefully they dont find out its anything in the engine cause i heard the car is never the same after they try to fix that. Hopefully i caught it in time. Pray for me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts