NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Technically, this has nothin to do with the Celi, but I thought you guys would enjoy what is possibly the worst written article ever. Not only does it make no conclusion, but nearly all of its technical info and statistics are wrong too.

Import vs, Domestics

Oh, yeah, and this was written by someone at Florida State University--- A college student!!! Now, Im not bashing FSU, as I know people that go there, but this is an embarrassment.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
???

Wow, I can't believe that some people who study at college only have the ability to structure a paper with the proficiency of a middle school student. It was pathetically unfocused.

Some of my favorite moments were in his little blurb about Ford. In one of his statements he actually says that "the Mustang is Fords counterpart to the Civic". The Mustang is a powerful RWD V8 muscle car while the Civic is a slow, weak, 4 cylinder economy grocery getter, how are they each others counter part? He also states that "the aftermarket for the Mustang is limited", which shows that he has done absolutely no research on the subject of his paper what-so-ever.

Actually, one of the funniest things about this paper is the fact that the author never states what kind of car he drives, yet it is painfully obvious from the way the "information" is presented that he drives a HondaCivic EX, and he has a friend who owns a Mustang. At least that's what I picked up from it...

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have to admit it's not as bad as i thought it'd be. I've definitely read far worse! I agree with the author's statement:

"All in all, which car is purchased all depends on what the consumer wants and
needs. "

To each his own!!! This is the best point he made in his article!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
A DOHC gets twice the compression because both cams work together on the upstroke and down stroke
Hmmmm, interesting interpretation :rolleyes:

Maybe this guy should actually take an engine apart first and THEN talk about it.

Are you sure this dude's in college? I really hope he's in the ESL program.

The process of an RPM works like this: Air goes into the intake. As the cam opens, and the as the piston is going down, it will fill the cylinder with a combination of gas and air. The valve then closes, then the spark plug fires, and the gases inside the cylinder explode. The piston starts coming back up and compresses the gases, turning the crank causing the exhaust valves to open and release the gases to the exhaust manifold. This is one RPM.
Well ****, if THAT'S how it works then wtf am I doing worrying about pre-ignition for? I mean, if the spark come beFORE the compression stroke then I'm all good to go and boost 20+ psi!

Ford is the dominant domestic, while Honda, Acura, Nissan, and Mitsubishi are among the imports
Yeah, screw Toyota, they like, only made the Supra or some **** like that. Much better to put Honda AND Acura in there, cause we all know they are completely different companies that just happen to have parts that swap.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Honda boys.... :nono:

(Just kidding. Honda makes some fine cars. It's just the attitudes of some of their drivers that spoils it all)

·
Registered
285 Posts
I wonder if this dude knows he is being flamed by the bad boys at newcelica.org. We will haunt your dreams and give you death chills till you actually do research farmboy!

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
What I got from it the Civic, mustang thing is that you see more mustangs on the road than any other domestic muscle car, just like you see more civics. Not that they competitors in the same market, just that there two cars he picked out as hot selling cars on the import and domestic sides.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
F35-JSF said:
What I got from it the Civic, mustang thing is that you see more mustangs on the road than any other domestic muscle car, just like you see more civics. Not that they competitors in the same market, just that there two cars he picked out as hot selling cars on the import and domestic sides.
Actually, don't you see more Toyota Camry's on the road than any other import. I was under the understanding that the Toyota Camry is the number 1 selling car in the United States...

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
chameleon said:

Actually, don't you see more Toyota Camry's on the road than any other import.
You don't live in Cincy cause I do....... Throw a rock in a parking lot and chances are you'll hit at least 3 civics (edit said camry) but he was talking about the cars that youths tend to want import and domestic.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts