NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I have a somewhat basic question regarding underbody neons that I know nothing about because it's personally never happened to me. I'm planning on having my kit installed this Saturday. It's an external transformer kit. However, I custom ordered a tube that is intended to go in the upper bumper area of my authentic TRD front bumper so that it shines down through the grill. I had one mounted here at one time and it looked SOOO tight. Anyways, since it's custom ordered, it takes about 6 weeks to get over here. I have my 4 piece underbody kit now though. If I install the 4 piece kit this Saturday, does anyone know if underbody neons grow dull over time? In other words, will it be bad to install this kit now because the underbody neon brightness may not match that of the custom tube when it finally gets here and I have it installed?

Thanks for any opinions,
aerospike2002

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
Neon lights have a normal expected lifespan of 8-10 years. So unless your transformer is going out, you need not worry about the light getting "dim" over time. By the time your tubes go out, the neon fad will be long dead (hopefully).

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
i wouldnt worry about putting them in at the same time...i think you have a better chance of breaking them or something like that before the neons go out....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts