NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wired my indiglo into the cigarette lighter bulb wire.. but now the indiglo only turns on if i turn down the dimmer. so when the rest of my dash lights are on, the indiglo is off.. but if the rest of my dash lights are off, the indiglo is on.
what did i do wrong?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
i wired my indiglo gauges to my running lights i am pretty sure and they work just fine...do a search and you should find a install guide :).....do you think that the cigarette lighter wires give enough power for the indiglos????

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The easiest and one of the best places for a power source for indiglos is your tail light fuse located in the fuse block in the passenger compartment.

Just get a fused, fuse tap at Auto zone, Pep Boys etc and you will have an installation the even you dealer will approve of :)

Thats how I installed mine.

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
I used one of those Radio Shack wire splicers (these plastic things (blue or red) and hooked the ground to the white wire w/green stripe and hooked the power to the solid green wire (both coming from that lighter wire harness).

Worked great for me.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
green wire?? o.. maybe i hooked it up to the wrong wire,
i have the power hooked up to the red wire in the cig lighter.

and which fuse is the tail light fuse?

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
The Green and white w/ green stripe go to the cig lighter light (I think), so when you turn the lights on, your gauges should turn on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts