NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the email list of Carlisle Events. Below is what was sent to me related to the recent show

2003 Carlisle Custom Compact Nationals
The Carlisle Custom Compact Nationals is eliminated from the annual schedule of events held at the Carlisle Fairgrounds.
The third annual Carlisle Custom Compact Nationals (CCCN), presented by Quaker State, was held May 2 -4. More than 40,000 custom compact car enthusiasts gathered at the Carlisle (Pa.) Fairgrounds to show off and look at 3,300 show cars, as well as buy and sell accessories and modification parts. The weekend thunderstorms predicted early in the week never materialized and the weather was beautiful. Check out the winners' list.

Unfortunately, the behavior of a small percentage of show attendees led to significant disturbances both on the fairgrounds and throughout the community. The completely unacceptable nature of this behavior has resulted in the cancellation of future Carlisle Custom Compact Nationals at the Carlisle Fairgrounds. We feel tremendous sadness for the majority of show attendees who are losing the best show of its kind in the country because of the actions of a few.

The decision to cancel the show was announced during a press conference on Monday, May 5th. Click on the following links for a transcript of the press conference (PDF-103k) and the post-event press release (PDF-132k)

We remain committed to supporting the growth and development of this section of the automotive hobby and, in the future, we hope to reintroduce a show for those involved, but it will not be held in Carlisle.

We want to thank the 10s of thousands of you who supported us last weekend with your respect for our facility and our community. It is truly a shame that this show cannot continue for you.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
and life goes on
:bang:

Screw you buddy. This is bad for the compact community as a whole. Now it's going to be tough just to book any new shows because of this. Nobody is going to want to host an event because we are ALL going to be viewed as thugs!

And this removes one of the biggest shows in the US that was in my back yard. I am pissed as hell!!! :angry:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
racinjason said:

Screw you buddy. This is bad for the compact community as a whole. Now it's going to be tough just to book any new shows because of this. Nobody is going to want to host an event because we are ALL going to be viewed as thugs!

And this removes one of the biggest shows in the US that was in my back yard. I am pissed as hell!!! :angry:
WERD

·
Registered
929 Posts
racinjason said:

Fuckin' A...you're so damn right. This is a black eye for the ENTIRE hobby, you included LaW.

You people wonder why we're harrassed by cops. Because they associate us with this bull****.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I understand you guys are mad, if I lived around the place and went to the show a lot and **** I might be mad to but like I said life goes on for me :) Like you said, its in your backyard... I really don't have or never had anything to compare with around here so I can't relate. This hobby isn't the most important hobby in my life..

I don't really get harrassed by cops in the first place, and I don't street race or do anything that could be associated with this stereotypical lifestyle/hobby so I don't really feel it affects me (besides "modding" my car of course)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.