NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have a 03 2ZZ from a celica GTS that I am going to drop in my MR2 soon. Can I run yellow injectors or should I get the brown injectors? It came with yellow ones but idk if I trust them completely and I saw that brown injectors are specific to 03 so just wanted to make sure before I went ahead with this.

Also, I realize that I need to change over from a drive by wire to a drive by cable for my 00 MR2. Do I need to have a different intake manifold as well?

Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Which injectors you use is somewhat dependent on which ECU you use for your swap, what kind of airflow mods you have... Or just by trial and error. The difference between injectors is only 20cc/min at most. Once you get up and running and fuel trims have stabilized you should have your answer. If long term fuel trims are significantly positive, or you are consistently getting a CEL for system running lean or misfires, the brown injectors might solve this.
I also have a 2zz swapped MR2, and I have been able to use the yellows (310cc), and even scion 340cc injectors (the brown are supposed to be 330cc) on an ECU ending in 81. I am currently using yellows with the 83 ECU, but duty cycle is getting above 90% over 8000rpm... Will probably be switching to the 340s again soon.

I do not know if the cable throttle body will fit on either manifold. I got my engine from a JDM importer and they all had cable throttles over there. I do know people have used 2ZZ engines from matrix, Corolla, etc which cake with DBW throttle bodies, and have never heard mention of needing to swap the whole manifold. I know two different OEM manifolds are commonly used.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts