NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i just finished installing the INJEN CAI on my 2000 celica GT. Which was quite a pain in the ass i may add, considering the only manuals i could find (including the one provided in the box) were for the GT-S.

For starters we couldn't find the OBD Canister anywhere. This left a "nipple" on the intake unused, which we sealed off using a plug/cap from the original airfilter. On a sidenote, the plug we used seemed to come from the place where the OBD canister should be. Does the GT not have one by default? :/

In any case, the CAI seems to be working great. No infamous "check-engine light", so that's a good start. The sound is awesome (very nice deep roar when accelerating) and you can really feel the car picking up better when the gas is pressed. :gap:

The only problem is that it seems to have a slight "hesitation" (call it a delay?) when beginning to accelerate from around 1800-2000 rpm. It feels like it's "pausing" for about 0,5 sec and then begins accelerating normally. All the other rpm ranges are fine and when kicking it down from 1st gear and just normally going past the 1800 thresh there are no issues either.

We did reset the ECU (started installation by taking off the negative from the battery) so that probably isn't the issue.

Does anyone have any clue as to what this may be? Could it be my MAF screwing around? Or the fact that we plugged up the hole for the OBD Canister? :confused:

Cheers,

Redeem

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
the ODB canister is the charcoal canister and its under the car next to the gas tank. there is a hard line going to it right next to the fuse box. it should go to a VSV then then the other hose from the VSV goes to the nipple on the intake

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies! Guess i'll be checking under the hood again soon.

the ODB canister is the charcoal canister and its under the car next to the gas tank. there is a hard line going to it right next to the fuse box. it should go to a VSV then then the other hose from the VSV goes to the nipple on the intake
Do you have any pictures of where to find the OBD and the hard line going to it? I was pretty much convinced i didn't have one seeing as the GT engine bay is slightly different from the GTS.

As a reference, here's some pics of the CAI installed in my car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For further clarification

this is the thing i could not find in my car.
The black cylinder with the gray hose and black cable running up to it.

It's mentioned in step 9 & 10 of the INJEN install guide (GTS guide, mine's a GT, guide was fairly useful most of the way through though):

http://www.newcelica.org/other/installs/injencai/index.htm

Exactly how important is this thing and what does it do? More importantly, where do i find it in my engine bay? If its even there at all :/

cheers,

Redeem

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
for the GT its right under the fuse box. There should be a nipple there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see. Well i heard that if your engine does that it means that its air/fuel ratio is off, meaning it's running lean which is bad for your engine. That's why i'd like to get this fixed asap :p

Looked everywhere under the hood but i honestly could not find the CCV. No hardline, nothing... Most likely was never there ^^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.