NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i had the cai for some month now
yesterday when i drove back home from school, CEL came on... i thought something came loose that trigger the cel
when i got home and checked it out... damn the flange(on the pipe screw onto the side of the car ) BROKE AND LEFT A HOLE IN THE PIPE.......................................................................................
**** I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW... MY CEL IS ON AND WON'T GO AWAY

i tried reseting the ecu but after driving for a while it came back on so im sopposing it has to do with the hole that was created in the pipe

NEED HELP OR ADVICE ON APPROACHING THIS

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
take it and run the code....prolly running lean, or just reset the ECU and see if it comes on again. so many peeps with injen probs...its nuts......i had the prob once, reinstalled the itnake and reset the ECU and its been fine, but i am slo running a Apexi filter and my MAFS hasnt been dirty at all, some people say thats wat sets off the CEL, dirty filter, MAFS being dirty etc. dunno man run the code but eliminate any possibilties, myabe somehtinge else is wrong and has NOTING to do with the intake. peace

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
hmmm i realyl gotta start readin these posts better.,..sounds liek u need a trip to the dealer. good luck

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
could be a bad oxygen sensor....

I thought i had something wrong with my intake a few weeks ago...

took it into toyota, like 70 dollars to diagnose it

It was a bad Oxygen sensor, put a Bosch universal in myself, screw OEM parts cost,if you need anymore info let me know, later!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did just that

after i cover the hole on the pipe it's fine
so im guessing that the cel came on because of the hole
..........it just the fact that the hole's there.... really bothers me.... and there's nothing to hold the intake from moving around in the engine bay except the hoses

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Injen is really good about warranty issues. Take it to the place you bought it from and have them contact Injen for a replacement (warranty issues are handled through their authorized dealers).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts