NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I went back to my stock air box. Threw out the Injen SRI. It was constantly bogging. Tried resetting the ECU and adjusting it up and down like someone suggested. Nothing helped. And now I am sooo glad I went back to stock. It feels like a brand new car. No bogging. I feel no difference in performance. I reset the ECU and took the car out on the Highway late last night. With very little traffic I was able to do a few 0-100km/h runs and run out at least 1st and 2nd gears. And after 50+ km the car felt really good. Now I know about the BB mod, but that is too drastic for my taste so I have ordered a Green drop in filter for my Air box in stead. Had it not been for the price I could have gone for an AEM CAI because I hear that they have fixed the tube diameter issue that causes the bogging problems, but Id rather spend that kind of money on a holiday now that summer is here. I could go to Spain for 2 weeks for what the AEM costs...

If someone wants the Injen to experiment with make me an offer and I'll ship it..

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Geir said:
Had it not been for the price I could have gone for an AEM CAI because I hear that they have fixed the tube diameter issue that causes the bogging problems, but Id rather spend that kind of money on a holiday now that summer is here. I could go to Spain for 2 weeks for what the AEM costs...
Nope, AEM Gen 2 still bogs. Get an eBay CAI for $50 instead. Same thing as Gen 1. Still has a chance of bogging, but for only $50, its not a major purchase like AEM.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
i had AEM, Ebay Crap, and now im running Injen! and at first the Injen pipe didnt fit, so i had to cut it custom, then my filter was lil big so it didnt fit properly, so had to do more custom work, and at first yeh my CAR was Bogging like crazy! loud loud miss fires! and yeh bogged like a crazy slut, but i have reset my ECU once more and now its running awesome!! not bogging! as of now! so hope it stays this way (AEM bogged and so did the Ebay crap) so its a 50/50 for the cold air!

·
Registered
243 Posts
^^ how did you have to cut the injen?... :wtf: filter too big? doesnt make much sense. But anyways give it time and ill bet it starts bogging and cel's everywhere. Injens good, but just bb mod it, fixes everything.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
my rmm was bogging like crazy and then i got a new filter that seems to be more restrictive (the other was rather open and thin) intake is now abit quieter and actually boggs less and is more smooth. apparently u can have to free flowing :/

·
Registered
48 Posts
u guys drive me crazy here, hahaha, some swear by the CAI, others say they dont do squat. make up my mind

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
hombredelassrta said:
my rmm was bogging like crazy and then i got a new filter that seems to be more restrictive (the other was rather open and thin) intake is now abit quieter and actually boggs less and is more smooth. apparently u can have to free flowing :/
Running a restrictive filter makes you run richer than a normal flowing filter. Same thing happens when your stock air filter starts getting clogged. It can lead to a P0172 CEL.
coogarxrs said:
u guys drive me crazy here, hahaha, some swear by the CAI, others say they dont do squat. make up my mind
CAIs are the best bang for the buck mod.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think I agree with the theory of getting CAI for the noise and not so much the HP gains. It's fairly minimal.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
blue can a filter be to unrestrictive? my old one which prettmyuch had an open front (thin wire mesh at the tip) had all of the bogging issues. but then i put in the new filter and its just regular cone all solid material and it seems to be running better

1 - 10 of 10 Posts