NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me by telling me where I can buy a inspection from in Maryland?

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Are you asking to BUY an inspection sticker or asking where to get your car inspected?

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
If you are asking to BUY an inspection sticker the internet and a PUBLIC forum is NOT the place to do it in.......as for doing an inspection, any gas station should be able to do so....unless MD is different...

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Well my good God. "J" posts and DCM backs him up...what is the world coming too?

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
TRINA said:
Can anyone help me by telling me where I can buy a inspection from in Maryland?
I'll assume you're looking to get your car inspected by a garage. My question is why? Did you just move to MD? Other than that you don't need one unless you bought the car used.

In any case, most garages are certified to give them. I personally use Executive Getty in Rockville, on Montrose between Executive/Jefferson and 355. I can walk there to/from work when my wife's car needs repairs. They have always been honest and helpful no matter what the situation. Their inspection price is about $45.

6060 Montrose Rd
Rockville, MD 20852
301-230-0120

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
$45 :eek:

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
yeah, but they do it like once in a lifetime.......unless you buy another car u dont have to go to inspection....I think that's how it is.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually I need an inspection we just bought a new Solara from VA and need to get it inspected so don't jump to conclusions. Thank you bme107 I will try them.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
seems like the reason why some jumped to conclusions is because you said "buy an inspection". Most VA peeps think of "buying an inspection" as something shady, cuz there are people who have access to inspection stickers here in VA and sell them to people who otherwise would not pass it......that's all...:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay thanks

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
.... and yes the $45 is for life of the vehicle with you. Only required to get an inspection if it changes hands. Nice that new car owners don't have to shell out $10 a year, but it sucks because there are some real clunkers out there that could use one.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
VA just sux sometimes.......inspection every freakin year, emmissions every 2 and to top it off.....property tax.......I actually wish I could have my car registered in MD but live in VA........but I guess it would be kinda shady.....

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I know several people that do that. it's not that shady and well owrth it in my opinon. I don't have emissions, so I don't sweat it ......yet.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
I know is not THAT shady...but some people just take advantage of the situation, u know like if someone had a cracked windshield, they would tell them ok....$50 the sticker is yours.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts