NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just figured I would make this thread to draw attention to the fact that the complete 7th generation celica shop manual is (and has been) available in the 'tech info' section. For those of you who don't know, a shop manual is essentially a complete guide, written by Toyota, for the removal and replacement of any and all parts on the car. Not only that, it covers diagnostics so you can (given the proper tools) troubleshoot problems yourself.

The shop manual should be the first thing you look to when you're attempting anything from a maintenance to a modification that you have never done or have questions about.

I know a lot of you may already know about this truly valuable feature of newcelica.org, but for the newbies it may be an aspect of the site they have not yet stumbled upon.
You can find the links below. That is all. :thumbup:

Volume 1
Maintenance, preparation, specs and diagnostics

Volume 2
Engine, Chassis, Body & electrical

guides for most engine, suspension and general service can be found here

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
you might want to point out that who ever looks at these should also download them, since you will end up dloading the whole thing whenever you open it in Acrobat. By downloading it, you save the server ~40mb of bandwidth because you won't have to stream it for the next time you want to look at it

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
These pdf's are a super useful resource but some of the scan quality is bad making tiny letters and #'s hard to read. If it wasn't such a huge project I would try to re-do some of the messed up pages. Dont get me wrong though, i've still used these pdf's for more than my fair share of work on my car.

I finally picked up real copies of these books just recently for the low price of 50 bux. :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Need Repair manuals

where did you get the real paperback repair manuals, i need them as well. thanx.

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
vegeta4ss said:
These pdf's are a super useful resource but some of the scan quality is bad making tiny letters and #'s hard to read.
I have access to a better quality PDF, but I'm still trying to convice larry to replace the existing one. He has a lot to do and this isn't high on his list of priorities. I'll send him another PM tho. ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
I did the whole searched, but cannot find the part number for the fuel filter? Anyone know the part # for GTS. thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great link thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
These pdf's are a super useful resource but some of the scan quality is bad making tiny letters and #'s hard to read. If it wasn't such a huge project I would try to re-do some of the messed up pages. Dont get me wrong though, i've still used these pdf's for more than my fair share of work on my car.

I finally picked up real copies of these books just recently for the low price of 50 bux. :)

Where did you pick up the books? I'm look'n for them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
thanks!!!

man, I've been needing the repair manuals forever but they cost wayyyy too much! you Celica owners rock!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.