NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share. It shifts smooth and I can't complain.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but that stupid thing wouldn't rotate to face the right way. I am keeping the stock one on until I get a replacement.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have one on my gts and absoluty love it!! its the best $50 Ive ever spent and one of the best mods I have ever made to a car. Hope you lubed it up with some white lithium grease though?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I lubed it pretty well. I cannot believe how much of a difference this thing makes. Wish I would have done this sooner. Here's a picture.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^^Hell yes it is. $42 plus shipping nice.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
twm just seems so overpriced.. i mean its a metal rod.. wooo.

·
Registered
367 Posts
i ordered mine yesterday and i can't wait!

"... looks about the height of the twm"

It's actually an exact replica of the B&M, all the measurements are the same, the only thing different is the weight of the metal.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Cool, nice to hear good things about it. I was planning on purchasing this too since it seems good for the price. The shift knob that came with it looks sorta cheap, a weighted shift knob should be a good addition to this kit.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
wow!! looks good and great bang for the buck. I got the B&M and i believe it was a lot more expensive..

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I feel retarded. The shift boot goes inside? That's how it was when I bought it. Someone please correct me if it really is. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
^ Yes, you see the edges of the base of the shift boot? You'll notice there's a wire trim. Now pull up the shifter plastic area. In the shifter cut out area, you'll notice little clip looking things. The shift boot wire trim/edge slides into those. You basically have to remove the shift knob in order to place the boot under the shifter plastic area.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^Thanks TRD-CELICA-GTO2. I will fix this ASAP.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I bought my Fidanza SS about a month or so ago, and in the picture it showed that there were bushings that came w/ the shifter, but none came w/ the shifter. I just wanted to know if your SS came w/ the Fidanza bushings, or did you use the stock bushings. I thought that w/ the stock bushings the shifter wouldn't feel smooth or shift rights. A little insight would help me a lot. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did receive metal bushings. They feel amazing. Shifting is tight and precise.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts