NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
You should be fine. The duct tape will not last though.
Buy one of those rubber mat at autozone. It cost like 1 dollar, and get a rubber compound glue or some sort of heavy duty glue. Cut the rubber mat to match the groove (Hole). And your done.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Nope. The only downside, it will get the filter dirty fast. They have a cover for the fog lights. I remember from my bro-in-law first 00 celica. He didn't have a fog light, the bumper came with a plastic cover.
As you long you don't get the filter fully submerge in the water you should be ok.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I'm not sure. I've tried looking around the web no luck. Maybe the dealer?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
themuffinman said:
heat shield option? tell me more....
I went through ebay a week ago. OBX sells intake heatsheild (15-20 dollars i think), check it out.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
DesigningEcho said:
Brilliant concept, but unfortunately I have a Bomz Ebay CAI. Now mine is a two piece mind you, so could a "bypass" filter be installed? I like the idea of this more, because I feel that having that huge gaping hole next to the intake is what helps it.... So can these be installed inbetween my two pipes? seems like it could?
You have to cut the pipe. Bypass valve doesn't prevent the car from hydrolocking.
You will be fine without it. Just make sure to stay away from deep puddle.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Bypass valve.

Do you see that small little tube right but the Throttle body. It sticks out. It must be plug. That's probably causing the CEL.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
themuffinman said:
JOHN_B said:
Bypass valve.

Do you see that small little tube right but the Throttle body. It sticks out. It must be plug. That's probably causing the CEL.

First i apologize for the stupid questions, im running kinda slow tonight. Whats the picture of the bypass valve for?
Which small little tube? the metal one off of the intake manifold, or the black hose with the yellow dot on it?

And what about the valve i unplugged?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.