NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrite well last weekend I installed my Bomz CAI (Ebay Intake) into my 2003 GT. Installed went, well ok, everything did end up working out alrite end the end.

The Air Filter itself is positioned infront of the drivers side wheel. Now I have sealed all the holes in the well with black ducktape or whatever but theres still a big problem that I see.... Since I dont have any kind of Fog Light assembly in the front bumper there is a huge gaping hole exposing my filter essentially.

Now I know on Civics you can get fog light covers to cover these holes... Do they offer any of these for celica's or what do you all recomment. I KNOW atleast a third of you guys have this same install.

Peace.

And by the way, those of you who are interested in getting a CAI... Seriously i am 110% happy with my $50 Ebay CAI. Amazing performance, definite change.

-echo

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Meh i tried fabricating "Gutter Guard" grills already for the center grill, and they didnt turn out as good as I would of liked them to, so I think im done modifying the stock body with mesh

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interesting aproaches, never really thought about that. Thanks for the responce guys.

Just to through this out there, the weirdest thing happened during my CAI installation. The Vibra mount actually fell in half before I even had installed it. I had to superglue it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Interesting concept... I'm not sure if they make them for my model. No im kidding, hmm thats a posibility, but thats not really cost effective by any means cuz theres never any fog in so-fla

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Brilliant concept, but unfortunately I have a Bomz Ebay CAI. Now mine is a two piece mind you, so could a "bypass" filter be installed? I like the idea of this more, because I feel that having that huge gaping hole next to the intake is what helps it.... So can these be installed inbetween my two pipes? seems like it could?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
What is that plastic tupe like thing, its black and hardened plastic... about 1" in diameter and comes off the front fan? I had to disconnect it from the stock airbox and now it just sits there? Should this be removed or what?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.