NewCelica.org Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
DesigningEcho said:
Brilliant concept, but unfortunately I have a Bomz Ebay CAI. Now mine is a two piece mind you, so could a "bypass" filter be installed? I like the idea of this more, because I feel that having that huge gaping hole next to the intake is what helps it.... So can these be installed inbetween my two pipes? seems like it could?
You have to cut the pipe. Bypass valve doesn't prevent the car from hydrolocking.
You will be fine without it. Just make sure to stay away from deep puddle.

·
Muffinboy
1,606 Posts
????? There are no valves on the CAI. Just a two piece pipe, a donut filter and a cone filter with some cheap clamps (I'm a T-bolt kinda guy). Im sure if there was room for the filter you could put it on. But like the other guys said, as long as you stay out of the deep puddles then you will be fine. If you want the bypass then by all means but if you are just getting it to keep water out of your engine then you are wasting your money.

I myself am actually having some issues now. My check engine light is on because i have no place to plug my PCV in. Or atleast it looks like the PCV. It is the valve that opened the butterfly flap on the stock intake. Any ideas on how to get rid of it? Can I get a OBD-II flash on it?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Bypass valve.

Do you see that small little tube right but the Throttle body. It sticks out. It must be plug. That's probably causing the CEL.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
What is that plastic tupe like thing, its black and hardened plastic... about 1" in diameter and comes off the front fan? I had to disconnect it from the stock airbox and now it just sits there? Should this be removed or what?

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts
themuffinman said:
JDM Cold Air Intake.......

2002 with fog lights... the only problem i had was part of my air dam was hanging down so i cut it off so it wouldnt drag... I have a video of it but for some reason it wont download off the camera... here are some pics of mine...
How is it a "JDM CAI?"

·
Muffinboy
1,606 Posts
JOHN_B said:
Bypass valve.

Do you see that small little tube right but the Throttle body. It sticks out. It must be plug. That's probably causing the CEL.

First i apologize for the stupid questions, im running kinda slow tonight. Whats the picture of the bypass valve for?
Which small little tube? the metal one off of the intake manifold, or the black hose with the yellow dot on it?

And what about the valve i unplugged?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
themuffinman said:
JOHN_B said:
Bypass valve.

First i apologize for the stupid questions, im running kinda slow tonight. Whats the picture of the bypass valve for?
Which small little tube? the metal one off of the intake manifold, or the black hose with the yellow dot on it?

And what about the valve i unplugged?

·
Registered
132 Posts
i dunno know if this helps out at all, but I like to switch out my cai with my sri when there is bad weather, i got it off of ebay for 38 bucks, it's an ebay company but it works great, i've had it in the snow and rain, no problems. Other than that, if you just want to stick with the cai, i suggest just oiling it really good with filter oil, and getting a K&N drycharger for it from their website.

·
Muffinboy
1,606 Posts
JOHN_B said:

So connect that hose into the nipple off the intake manifold? So what about the other hose? It's a pressure line... what do i do with it? Where does it go to anyway? (I havent even looked at my engine that well)

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts
He's talking about the thing with the orange arrows pointed at it. Put/twist in a screw into that tube. It's a vaccum line that was connect on the stock airbox that controlled the buterfly valve.

·
Muffinboy
1,606 Posts
.........I'm an idiot....

Ok so what about the valve that I unplugged from the side of the butterfly valve? Leave it alone?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.