NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, it is installed, runs fine, no CEL's etc.

Question 1:
Do i now have to take my whole freakin bumper off every couple months to change the filter?

Question 2:
When you shut ur car off, does it make a quiet hissss/woooshhh sound?

Also, when I have the a/c on is makes a shhhhhh sound, maybe this has always done it and ive never noticed, just curious.

Never had a cai so just interested in hearin what u guys have to say about my questions.

Thanks,
-Greg

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
1. You don't change the filter, you clean it, every 10-20K or so. If you can't fit your hands up in there to remove the filter, then you have to remove the bumper.

2. Yes, it even does that stock, but you can't hear it as much.

3. That's extra air coming in from the increased idle for the AC.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks bb :wave:

it sounds beautiful when hitting lift! It scared me at first and i let off i was like it never did that before, lol. It like doubles in sound when u hit lift, its great, i took pics, ill upload em later tonight. the blue aem intake looks good with the apr strut bars blue end caps, perfect match :)

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

ive got other pics ill upload later.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Blue Bomber said:
1. You don't change the filter, you clean it, every 10-20K or so. If you can't fit your hands up in there to remove the filter, then you have to remove the bumper.

2. Yes, it even does that stock, but you can't hear it as much.

3. That's extra air coming in from the increased idle for the AC.

^^ waht he said

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

custom console made by blitzceli, its in primer, needs to be smoothed a lil more and then painted silver to match the rest of my console, as well as gauges need to be installed in it:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
looks good, but what gauges are you putting in it?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I had that intake and I took it off went back to the stock airbox my car drives so much better I was going to do the BB mod and I have all the parts I just never got around to it. After Hydrolocking my first Celica ( then selling it) I took the Intake off . but who knows if I get bored I might put it back on...

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
HiOctane said:
you'll have to wait and see

wait and see what? It's obvious all his money is going into the bodykit, and he's showing that he has a CAI. He's not gonna be making any power out of his engine to require gauges. I'm sure I could name off two guages he's gonna have in there....A/F and volts. I'm guessing the third will be some kind of pressure gauge that will serve no purpose. Not sure why we'd have to wait and see what gauges he's putting in there because I'm doubting it's a secret....

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JCelica132 said:
wait and see what? It's obvious all his money is going into the bodykit, and he's showing that he has a CAI. He's not gonna be making any power out of his engine to require gauges. I'm sure I could name off two guages he's gonna have in there....A/F and volts. I'm guessing the third will be some kind of pressure gauge that will serve no purpose. Not sure why we'd have to wait and see what gauges he's putting in there because I'm doubting it's a secret....
:werd:

·
Banned
4,182 Posts
JCelica132 said:
Jon, jon, jon. Messing up everyones fun again. :nono:

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no, lol, hes absolutely right, u see my threads aobut doin custom body work, and then u seeme put a cai on the. Why would i be goin turbo or supercharged when im spendin all the money elsewhere. BTW ur guess on the gauges are pretty damn good, but i found this one that is digital a/f and volt all in one. www.prosportgauges.com looks like nice gauges for a good price :wave:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
that is one bootleg website. It doesn't show what the front looks like.....I'd stick with autometer ones....they are cheap also.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Don't get an AF gauge unless it's wideband. It's just a useless, expensive light show. Better off getting oil temp, oil pressure, and maybe water temp or vacuum. Even a voltmeter is useless unless you have a serious stereo or some other mod that may affect voltage (like a relocated battery).

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well down the road hopefully there will be a stereo, also what do you mean by wideband? Plz explain, im not as mechanically inclined as urself.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts