NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am really impressed with the quality of this thing. Good job J. I installed the rest of my interior and added a lot of insulation behind it to quite down road and exhaust noise. More pics of the car can be seen by clicking on my sig.

It was so dark, that all but pic #2 needed a flash. The carpeting is actually really dark. Normal eye view is pic #2.

And before anyone asks, the tray in the trunk is coated in rubber which resembles a truck bed liner... but in rubber. That's why it looks so odd back there. Once again, all in the camera flash. Looks nice under normal circumstances.

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
beautiful!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Did you use Line-X for that rear tray?

Also, i like the way you put those rubber grommet like peices there by the end brackets...it looks like the bar was a factory option! What did you use? I'm puting that thing in tomorrow, and wouldreally like to know what you used.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Well, I put mine in today, but unforchunately, rain kept me from cutting the plastics and putting everthing back together...damn raid started up as soon as I got the bar in :(
Can't even drive the car around to test it out yet b/c there is nothing but loose crap in my car (all the plastics and such)

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used batting spray glued to the inside of the plastics for insulation. Will be adding dynamat as well to all the metal panels next month.

The tray was lined in a rubber car liner spray. Dunno the brand name. I used adhesion promoter first.

The gromet thingy was made by slicing a piece of silicone hose down the middle and then glued to the lip of the hole to make sure it stayed in place.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Look's good.Nice bar and interior,did you die it all?Thatnk's for the word on those gromet's,I'll probably do the same it look's "so fresh and so clean clean"
I'm gettin the rear bar from Jason soon,gettin mine anodized blue though.Gotta get some pic's up!~Brad

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
question::::: do u have to take off the panels to install this?.. or can u just use a dremel and cut the plastic using the templates as a guide?

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pricing for the bar can be found at Hypermotive.com

yes, the interior is completely blacked out, minus the blue carbon on the console.

Yes, panels need to be removed. Templates? Damn. I through away everything that wasn't metal in that package. :D I don't need no stinking instuctions.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
J - What do I need a warranty for? I looked it over really good. If I can get this thing to break the way it is, the last thing that will be on my mind is that strut bar. :D

skreemin - Looking forward to it :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts