NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any one have installed a cruise control in a celica? If I have the cruise control assembly, do I need anything else???

Are the control buttons on the sterring wheel??? If I find a GTS steering wheel, would I need anything else?

I have a GT and I'm bored of not having a cruise control... could have saved me two speed ticket so far...

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,663 Posts
Not for nothing... but, IMO, it'll be easier & cheaper for you to install an aftermarket one vs. the OEM version.
NeXuS-GT said:
Are the control buttons on the sterring wheel??? If I find a GTS steering wheel
would I need anything else?
Controls are on a separate "stalk" off the steering column. You'd need the Cruise Control ECU, the underhood actuator, extended throttle cable.... and all the stuff associated with the steering column. I have seen the rare sale of all the items needed sold as a package on e-bay.

·
Registered
273 Posts
:werd:
Good luck with that... Also, just a FYI, please re-read your post because it's a lil hard on the eyes...
I'd look on ebay and look at aftermarket ones, as suggested above...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't know that their was aftermarket cruise control system! I'll take a look at it!

Sorry for my english by the way. My native language is french.. I just re-read myself and your right I found some word missing. I was writing while talking on the phone (oups)

·
Registered
398 Posts
NeXuS-GT said:
Any one have installed a cruise control in a celica? If I have the cruise control assembly, do I need anything else???

Are the control buttons on the sterring wheel??? If I find a GTS steering wheel, would I need anything else?

I have a GT and I'm bored of not having a cruise control... could have saved me two speed ticket so far...
I thought cruise control were standard on 7th gen celica's? And that GT's and GT-S's has the same steering wheel? I used to have a 2000 GT auto and 2000 GT-S 6spd and they have the same steering wheel. They changed it on the latest year celica? :confused:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2kSilverBullet said:
I thought cruise control were standard on 7th gen celica's? And that GT's and GT-S's has the same steering wheel? I used to have a 2000 GT auto and 2000 GT-S 6spd and they have the same steering wheel. They changed it on the latest year celica? :confused:
Here in Canada the GTS is fully loaded with all the options and have a leather-wrapped steering wheel

But for the GT there were 2 or 3 options package. with absolutly nothing on the base model.. just for exemple it was possible to have a GT without
power windows and door locks!

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,663 Posts
2kSilverBullet said:
And that GT's and GT-S's has the same steering wheel?
Same wheel... different covering... GT-S=leather wrapped

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.