NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just got my new southbend clutch and my fidanza flywheel and looking to get them installed soon. i already ordered new flywheel bolts, cost about ($60 for all 8 i guess) but have been looking around to get it installed and i swear im getting raped in prices.
Toyota dealer-$740 to 800 for install
Performace shop-$450-600
Regular mechanic shop-$500-600 and i really dont want to take it here

so i was wondering i could save some mulla if i do it myself. Can any one give me instructions and pics on how i could do all this. Would be appricaited. Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
Are you really sure you want to take the trans out? It is a real pain in the ASS!!:AF: I helped my dad take one out of a 91 Toyota pickup which is definately higher than a celica and it wans't a piece of cake. But if you like saving money do whatever you like. If you have any projects that require taking the trans out link them together.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol havent taken one out before. but my friend goes to school for auto mechanics and idk just want to know if i have to do anything special when taking it out or need to check for clerance or anything. I know i already need the bolts. anything special i should look out for?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
You're not getting ripped off for labour costs. It's a big job, takes the better part of a day.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
paid 600 total for clutch and flywheel about 60 for teh bolts adn at toyota no matter if it takes an hour or the whole day you still have to give them like 800

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Your not getting raped. your actually getting fairly good prices. the whole tranny needs to be dropped for a clutch flywheel install. so it won't just take an hour. Alldata puts the labor time at about 9 hours so 9 @ $90 is about $800. seems like you have been given a pretty fair price by all the locations. I was quoted about $1000 for a clutch flywheel and tranny install at the local dealer. It's up to you though. Although I personally hate the stealership it's lot easier to get them to fix botched work than it is to get the local shops around here to do it so I'll just take the hit to my wallet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts