NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting the roof spoiler installed next week
i've heard the install is quite tricky so i was just wondering if anyone know of an install guide i can let my shop refer to
thx

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I got the one fron Tito and he say's just drill the hole's and use the self tapping screw's.I took mine to the shop yesterday to get painted and the said they would glue it also?But it'll only be 30 bux to mount,not bad.~Bradley

·
Registered
232 Posts
show us some pics when you are done... i was thinkin about buying one... thanks

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
dont drill the holes...just postion it on the hatch part of the car, check for clearance while somebody holds it for you, like if the hatch will open etc. and then just use a little bit of double sided tape, put it back on, when u like the position etc, have the friend hold it, while you take out the rubber grumets from underneath the hacth and drill the screws all the way up. try to center it the most you can ok...and do this before paiting it...dont over tight. then just take it out and paint it etc,
Avenge2c:good to hear you got it perfect....

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
oh man oh man...took me like an hour and a half to put it on. a lot of measurement and all that good stuff.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
yup got in perfect shape this time.It's at the shop now and should be installed on mon or tue's.When ever the wife will let me drive her car to work so she can take mine over there!~Bradley

·
Registered
246 Posts
i'd like to install mine but trd-gt still hasn't replied to my emails from months ago where hardware was missing from box and only one hole was drilled under spoiler. hey trd-gt!! any info for me?
it has been a long time.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
what emails???what hardware???
the roofspoiler uses to screws, self tappered ones, and thats it?? nothing else the hole that your roofspoiler has was to put the resign in to join both parts. nothing else. u dont use that hole to install it,
thx beto

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
no holes needed, the roof spoiler has a metal skeleton inside, so no matter where you drill it will hold, why we do them like that, cause it is easy to install.....believe me they are.....

·
Registered
298 Posts
where and how much for one of these roof-spoilers??? and how many variety is there of them? pics?

·
Registered
246 Posts
i know for sure mine came with no screws because when the mailman gave me the box it was all crushed up, but nothing wrong wit spoiler. then i noticed a bag that had a hole in it where in the same corner the box had a hole, so i figured i was missing some pretty essential hardware. but if thats all it was is two screws....then i dont know why i haven't put this thing on long time ago!!! i apologize for previous post, beto...you're the man!:bowdown: i'm jus :gay: for not using my head on installation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts