NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Tein SS coilovers :bling: was wondering if there are any precautions i should take or if someone has the repair manual that has the torque specs, maybe if they could give me the specs for the bolts. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
do they come with a replacement upper strut mount?

If not, just need a spring compressor.....

·
Registered
863 Posts
Hey man where did you get your TIENs from .. I want to get my set ordered.. also where did you get the top mount thingy's for the front struts?

I think I might order new camber links and lower sway bars as well.. this thing better handle better :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Rev Happy said:
Just got my Tein SS coilovers :bling: was wondering if there are any precautions i should take or if someone has the repair manual that has the torque specs, maybe if they could give me the specs for the bolts. Any help would be appreciated
The rear shock bolts can be (not always) really hard to brake, stick a jack under the lower a-arm/control arm to support it so it doesn't move and then use a big brake bar.

And it doesn't come with the upper mounts (alteast the Tein HA I have didn't) so you will need a spring compressor to put the mounts on.

An impact wrench (air or electric) really helps and I recommend you rent one if you don't have one.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
its very easy to install, no harder then intstalling normal shocks and springs. An impact wrench you WILL NEED. the directions say not to use an impact to tighten the top strut nut, but you HAVE to, there is no other way to get it tight without the use of an impact.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts