NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it sucked so bad today.
i just got Philips VisionPlus in the mail today and was psyched about installing them. i then realized after 1 hour of not getting anywhere, it was time to wrap it up for another day(had class tonight).

Do I have to take out the entire headlight to install a new bulb?

I got to the part where you have to take out the tiny screw holding the clip. it WOULD NOT budge. it was also about 13 degrees F outside and my body started to feel like
.. eheh. my face was all bloody and my hands were frostbitten.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
pull up and back and they should pop right out...I had the same problem the first time and it pissed me off but then once you do it once you get the hang of it

·
Registered
446 Posts
exactly, and don't mess with the screw at all! It's just the side of the clip that you have to pull up and back (or it may be forward and up then back - I don't remeber). That screw will go absolutely nowhere :) It took me sooo long the 1st time I did this a while ago - I even bent up the clip trying to get it back into place :( But I've done it so many times now (damn halogens) that it takes about 5 minutes. I think it's a conspiracy to try and get people into Toyota service depts. :thumbdown

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ehehe okay sweet.. i think i know what i have to do now... and to think i was about to take off the GD front bumper to take my headlight out. geeeezus.

is 'pulling it UP AND BACK' the correct tecnique?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I thought i was going to have to take off the whole headlight thing too but just pull the clip up and over and its not that badd...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I always had problems with the passenger side light.. I suggest using one of the those small mirrors to see where the clip goes, after I used it.. It took a matter of seconds to install lights since i could see in there...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts