NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please explain where the wires go for the ecu for the GTS? Also what all needs to be removed to get the turbo into place? There is a plug that came in the kit. What is it used for?

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
you need to remove the passenger side wheel. disassemble the suspension and pull the axle out of the tranny...be ready, its gonna spill fluid...then you need to remove the rear motor mount and the front mount...then engine will rock foward and then you can install everything...if you post a pic of the plug, i can tell you where it goes..

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
exotic performance said:
Can someone please explain where the wires go for the ecu for the GTS? Also what all needs to be removed to get the turbo into place? There is a plug that came in the kit. What is it used for?
If its about 3/4" and rubber it goes to the port on the throttle body where you disconnect the crankcase breather hose.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
then what do you do with the breather hose? can you post a picture. do you have to relocate the cruise control box for the piping to fit and do you have to cut the tow hooks on the front for the piping to fit on both sides? can someone explain where all the vaccum hoses go and where the wires go for the ecu and relay.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
exotic performance said:
then what do you do with the breather hose? can you post a picture. do you have to relocate the cruise control box for the piping to fit and do you have to cut the tow hooks on the front for the piping to fit on both sides? can someone explain where all the vaccum hoses go and where the wires go for the ecu and relay.
How big is you're e-mail inbox? If it can accept a 9 meg file just shoot me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send you the directions

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay i sent you a PM.. but i have one more question. my turbo did not come with a metal gasket between the turbo and manifold. Is there one need? If so will exhaust paper work?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
exotic performance said:
okay i sent you a PM.. but i have one more question. my turbo did not come with a metal gasket between the turbo and manifold. Is there one need? If so will exhaust paper work?
I don't think Stafford normally puts one there. And its probably not a bad idea to add one - just be sure you get it back on tightly after.

And I don't think exhaust paper is going to work well, probably need to get a metal T3 gasket.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
I don't think Stafford normally puts one there. And its probably not a bad idea to add one - just be sure you get it back on tightly after.

And I don't think exhaust paper is going to work well, probably need to get a metal T3 gasket.
Yea I was just wondering if I NEEDED it. I dont really feel like disassembling my car to try and fix something that isn't broken. BTW Boosted can you send me a copy of the install guide to my e-mail. [email protected] I just want to make sure my DIY job checks out.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Alfy1 said:
Yea I was just wondering if I NEEDED it. I dont really feel like disassembling my car to try and fix something that isn't broken. BTW Boosted can you send me a copy of the install guide to my e-mail. [email protected] I just want to make sure my DIY job checks out.
AOL is teh sucky sucky (or was for FrauGTS) and has a 1mb limit - I will have to send 9 seperate files - make a yahoo account and I'll send it there. Otherwise its gonna take us a while to get it all to you.

And as long as there is no evidence of an exhaust leak at the mating point, then no, you don't strictly speaking NEED it.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is there a special break in for the turbo? I was told you have to start the car with the fuel pump fuse out and try to crank the car a few times so oil gets to the turbo.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
exotic performance said:
is there a special break in for the turbo? I was told you have to start the car with the fuel pump fuse out and try to crank the car a few times so oil gets to the turbo.
Its not a bad idea to do that. But mostly you just let it idle and don't get into boost for the first minute or so any you're fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts