NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Wrecked Celica :D
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 celica gt, which I'm swapping a 2zz into, I'm not really into F/I so I'm going N/A, so I'm basically throwin the 1ZZ crank into the 2zz, which basically wat the stroker kit is, so Is it really as easy as just throwing the crank and the rod bearings or is way more complicated? And what pistons should I use to stay on pump gas and remain n/a?

Any info would really help,

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
there are more parts needed. you need a special rear main seal adapter that MWR has the specs for. you need a special spacer for the crank pulley. you need custom rods and pistons. you need to block off the oil passages and remove the oil squirters

·
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if its parts I'm missing, would buying the MWR stroker kit, minus the crank suffice? And wat specs should the custom rods and pistons be? Can't I just use the 1zz rod since they go proportional with the crank?

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
So if its parts I'm missing, would buying the MWR stroker kit, minus the crank suffice? And wat specs should the custom rods and pistons be? Can't I just use the 1zz rod since they go proportional with the crank?
yes thats what you want to do, get the kit minus the crank. they sell it that way too.
Thats not how it works
right, why on earth would you want to put toothpicks in for rods? if you used 1ZZ rods it would put the piston through the head. there are specific lengths parts need to be for the setup to work, the right wrist pin height and rod length

·
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahh ok, ill just buy the entire stroker kit with the pistons and rods minus the crank to save me the headache of missing parts, and any other technical advice that would make this installation diffucult, or is wat smaay said the main things to worry about when installing?

·
Registered
710 Posts
yes thats what you want to do, get the kit minus the crank. they sell it that way too.

yup that's how i ordered mine. what smaay said is exactly right, he put mine together and i don't think there are too many others out there with more knowledge of the stroker than him. the 2.0L stroker comes with a new crank so the 1zz wouldn't work.....

·
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seems like a bit more technical than I thought, but I want to build the engine myself, there's no fun in it if u pay someone else to do it, and just drop it in, I've rebuilt a few motors so its not completely impossible or should I just leave it to the proffesionals :\

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Well, for one thing the kit uses wisecos, which means it would be adviseable to get the block sleeved and bored appropriately as they don't tend to do well in the MMC bores. Use MWR for your sleeving, or go direct to darton, bu do NOT get it done locally.

As for building the bottom end, its not horribly more or less complicated than any other build. If you know how to gap rings, check clearances, torque fasnters, and you have the manual and know what you are doing it should be fine.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
right, why on earth would you want to put toothpicks in for rods?
You need to update the comparison thread man, the photo links in the "apples to oranges" thread don't work anymore.

Well, for one thing the kit uses wisecos, which means it would be adviseable to get the block sleeved and bored appropriately as they don't tend to do well in the MMC bores. Use MWR for your sleeving, or go direct to darton, bu do NOT get it done locally.
MWR also has a Mahle kit I'm led to believe.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Is there something wrong with your 1zz? Why would you rip apart a motor just for a crankshaft. Plus why not get the crank knife edged as well. If your 1zz functions you can sell it and pay for a part of the stroker kit.

·
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 1zz crank is practically new, and nuffins wrong with the engine, I just prefer the 2zz, I just don't wanna waste $1000 on a crankshaft, when the car already brings one, not best buts it counts, I was planning to sell the engine to pay to sleeve the block

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
yes last i remembered MWR has Mahle pistons for stroker applications now too.

as for apples to oranges, ill have to take a new picture, i dont think i have that original pic anymore

1 - 20 of 21 Posts