NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys gonna do any installs any time soon?? If so, you wanna do the installs together?? My car is pretty much stock except for TSRM, B&M SS, and lights. So, I'm open to anything.

·
Registered
524 Posts
been doing installs all winter...just gotta get windows tinted and install my new piaa crystal ion fog light bulbs, and i'm good to go.

once its warm enough i'm more then willing to help.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha, I'm from mich...

I'm from Mich too... I just moved to chicago like a month ago... I live in Troy, and I always work on my car with my two boys. Been missing them since I came to Chicago. Both have Subaru's, one has a 93 LS which is being converted to a JDM WRX (the handling is crazy). The other has a 2003 WRX. We should def meet up next time I go back, it'd be a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Unorthodox Racing underdrive pulleys
Trial header
Suspension (likely Tein SS)
RJ Autoworks gauges

all these should be done within the next month.

·
Registered
524 Posts
i got prices from anywhere between $150 and $200 for window tint. go with a company that has been around a while and offer a lifetime warranty.
fubarlphie, cool man, let me know when your back in town. i currently live in auburn hills, probably be moving to sterling heights soon. i work in troy, all really close :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey fubarlphie, you thinking about getting any springs? I really need to put some on my car, the last Celi meet we had my car looked a foot taller than the lowered ones, never bothered me till then.

·
Registered
524 Posts
man i would love to lower mine but i already scrape as it is with my kit, and i can barely get my car over the entrance curb at work. if its lowered at all i can't go to work....i'd rather drive my car almost everwhere then no where at all.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Wait for a group buy. I got tein springs for 150 shipped which lowers 1.5 in all around. I can't wait to get these on although i may need some help. I have air tools and everything, just need the extra set of hands and someone knowledgable.

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
I got some grounding cables to put on my car, and an AEM CAI coming soon... but I drive a Z, so I dunno if you're that interested.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jesse...

Give Top Speed a call for your Teins... 312-847-3718 They should give you a good price. Tell them you will pay cash!!! There's a discount when you pay cash, know what I mean?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I was going to get some springs after my bonus check gets in sometime in April, I was hoping for the big score I am dying to get an LSD. Looks like we got screwed this year though from the rumors I've heard. I've got a relative in Indiana that I think has a lift in a garage, thought I would just rent the spring compressers. I'll check but I believe he has impact tools too, from what I've read that cuts hours off the spring install.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
woot woot

That would be great. An impact wrench would help a lot in taking apart our old springs. However, they can't be used when installing the new ones. Everything has to be tightened to the celica's torque specs...

·
Registered
671 Posts
I will help you guys if you need some help with your celica, since I have done that more than a few times. You can come up here and do it in my garage if you want also.

I am less than a hour and a half from Auburn Hills. I like doing this stuff!

By the way,strut and spring installs are easy.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
I've never done a suspension before. In the next few weeks I'm gonna have the chance to do a Tein SS on my car and a Tein HA on a friend's MR2 Turbo.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
meet??

Can all of us who want to do suspension meet up somewhere?? I'm actually gonna be in Ann Arbor and Troy this coming weekend... Any thoughts??

1 - 20 of 32 Posts