NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so I messed up my lip a little while back and I was going to have insurance replace it. I have a trd lip and it was on the car when I got it and it came from the factory like that. I was going to get a bunch of estimates and turn it in like that but no one in Toyota knew what I was talking about. They said all they had was the front bumper which was $1097. So I get a hold of kozz tuning and they say they can get me a TRD lip painted and shipped for $525. I say cool cause if it is over a $1000 it goes against me. I turn it in to the insurance claim adjustor and he tells me that when he called toyota that they had "no idea about any front lip" and that they "only knew of the front bumper." so the insurance agent charges me for the front bumper cover and now my insurance goes up :angry: :angry: :angry: I was wondering how much the insurance might go up. Thanks fellas.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Originally posted by gains238
ok, so I messed up my lip a little while back and I was going to have insurance replace it. I have a trd lip and it was on the car when I got it and it came from the factory like that. I was going to get a bunch of estimates and turn it in like that but no one in Toyota knew what I was talking about. They said all they had was the front bumper which was $1097. So I get a hold of kozz tuning and they say they can get me a TRD lip painted and shipped for $525. I say cool cause if it is over a $1000 it goes against me. I turn it in to the insurance claim adjustor and he tells me that when he called toyota that they had "no idea about any front lip" and that they "only knew of the front bumper." so the insurance agent charges me for the front bumper cover and now my insurance goes up :angry: :angry: :angry: I was wondering how much the insurance might go up. Thanks fellas.
Why don't you get the part number from Kozz tuning and then relay that info to your insurance adjuster. :confused:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he said that he did'nt need it when he was here and then when I call him he has already turned the claim in.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Why is the insurance agent dumb when it's the Toyota parts department that doesn't know what parts they have?

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by Fourgig
Why is the insurance agent dumb when it's the Toyota parts department that doesn't know what parts they have?
They dont have those parts. Its a JDM lip. I dont understand why they are dumb?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Why don't you just pay for it yourself if its only $525? Do you have a deductible? (I only ask, cause mine is $500; ins. would only pay $25...not worth the hassle)

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
On the bright side you can get a check for $1100, plus labor...and buy the part yourself for $500 and install it yourself and come out ~$700 ahead.

Not a bad deal.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my deductible is $250. At least with this plus my deer accident (goes under comprehensive) I come out with $2,000 after my deductible ($250 each). I think I will get the Kam front and rear and pay off my clutch with the rest of it. Anyone know where I can get a kam urethane piece cheap?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont know how your insurance does it, but as long as the claim is not over a $750 with state farm, they dont go up.

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
Originally posted by gains238
Anyone know where I can get a kam urethane piece cheap?
Check out invisision, they are one of our sponsors and have great pricing on Kaminari. invisionautoimports.com

BTW, there running a GB right now in the GP forum.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i dont know the difference in lips...it is the lip that sticks out more in the middle than on the sides...kind of like that and curves in on the ends.

------00000000--------

checked out invision...they have some great deals on the kam kit. just what i needed to. thanks larry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts