NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Great score ! Glad to see something like could be found in such good shape with such low miles! If you decide to sell let me
Know. Noticeable sound difference from the K&N at low RPMs before lift ?
it sounds pretty great, very noticeable difference at the crossover for lift. For the most part it sounds the same just driving around normally, but when you give it half to full throttle over 3000 or so RPM it starts to really make a good noise. Barely any difference just cruising about but at WOT it's pretty loud. It's a really great mod for a daily since it's not really noticeable unless you are really pushing the car. No weird drones or noises like some catbacks will give you.

definitely no plans to sell it, but if you want it NOW buy me a new civic Type R and I'll give it to you :p

·
Registered
53 Posts
it sounds pretty great, very noticeable difference at the crossover for lift. For the most part it sounds the same just driving around normally, but when you give it half to full throttle over 3000 or so RPM it starts to really make a good noise. Barely any difference just cruising about but at WOT it's pretty loud. It's a really great mod for a daily since it's not really noticeable unless you are really pushing the car. No weird drones or noises like some catbacks will give you.

definitely no plans to sell it, but if you want it NOW buy me a new civic Type R and I'll give it to you :p

Very tempting offer. But I think I would buy myself a Civic Type R first.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
can anyone comment on if the invidia N1 axleback works with a GTS? I'm trying to find stock axleback pipe diameter having no luck so far. according to carid the invidia is 2.36" pipe diameter, doesnt say inner or outer though. magnaflow's gts pipes are 2.5 inch and the gt pipes are 2.25

·
Registered
37 Posts
can anyone comment on if the invidia N1 axleback works with a GTS? I'm trying to find stock axleback pipe diameter having no luck so far. according to carid the invidia is 2.36" pipe diameter, doesnt say inner or outer though. magnaflow's gts pipes are 2.5 inch and the gt pipes are 2.25
You got a part number? Hard to say without that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looking it up, it looks like it works for both GT and GT-S according to the sellers, but I've never had it so I can't say 100%. What I do know is the axle-back section for the GT and GT-S are basically the same, so I don't see any reason it shouldn't work.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,371 Posts
*Note: if I remember correctly, there is a difference with the action pkg (which he has) rear valence adding some length.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
*Note: if I remember correctly, there is a difference with the action pkg (which he has) rear valence adding some length.
I bought it. I found a few pics of people with tsunami's with the exhaust installed, it seems to fit okay, little tight in the bumper though but hopefully it'll be okay.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So I just received the invidia n1, but only received the pipe. I need to get bolts and probably a gakset. Can I reuse the stock gasket/ bolts with this? I'm guessing not. And what about the gasket? It looks to be in good condition but I'm guessing I'll prob need a new one?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I replaced my gasket when I did my muffler, but that's because it disintegrated when I took it out lol. I also used differant bolts becuase the stock spring bolts didn't fit. Mind you, I have the Magnaflow muffler, but from the images I've seen the flanges are basically the same.

·
Registered
13 Posts

INVIDIA Invidia N1 Exhaust (HS00TC1GTP) N1 Cat-Back Exhaust Piping : 60mm Tip : 101mm
this fits my 2001 gts. i fabricated a different mount, but i did not have to modify any pipe fittings,

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
yeah so im almost finished installing the invidia but the center hanger is in a different spot than the factory hanger. Not sure what to do about that. I don't weld, hoping there's a different solution available that somebody has done?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

Can you post a picture?

factory exhaust :

can see the factory hanger way up by the left rear coil spring, the invidia n1 supposed to have a bracket for the middle hanger but i got it used and it didnt have one. it doesn't look like it will work the way i have it as its basically completely inside the rubber bumper and seems like its gonna melt it if i leave it like this.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
i just tried loosening the flange and pushing up on the center to get it to sit level but that just makes the tip sit even higher so i guess that won't work. I was able to get it to sit a bit lower by pushing up the front half of the flange while i tightened it back on though....

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,371 Posts
Can you move the driver's side rubber hanger to the middle?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Can you move the driver's side rubber hanger to the middle?
yes but as I said in my last post, having the center any higher just causes the exhaust to sit in a worse spot against the bumper. honestly this exhaust doesn't really fit with this bumper. I saw some pictures online and thought it would work better but its not good. I may try wrapping it with some exhaust wrap so it at least doesnt melt the bumper but idk if it's really worth leaving it on. will give it a few days and see.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
honestly idk if im gonna keep this thing on the car. it's kind of ridiculous how loud it is, and not really in a good way, just really deep BWOOOOOOO sounding. sounds better past like 4k rpm but down low its kind of bad.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I tightened the flange up a bit more, not sure if that made a difference but I'm starting to get used to it. I did have to cut a small portion of the bumper but I was careful to try and make it so I can still re-mount the factory tip if I ever want to return it to stock. it's not touching the exhaust and has about 1cm or more of gap, so hopefully it will be okay. It still does touch if i wiggle the exhaust so i imagine it's probably rubbing while I drive. will be keeping a close eye on it and see if I have to cut more or not. anyways, here's some clips of it driving wide open:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Exhaust sounds good, I had that same exhaust on my 04 gts back in the day and my most recent 03 trd gts I sold so I could focus on my 00 gts lol. I've had too many of these damn things.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts