NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone.
just wondering if i had a celica with AEM CAI and a TRD exhaust, what 1/4mile time should i be getting. when my car was stock i ran a 15.2 just wondering what i should be looking for now.
just the intake and exhaust no pfc. oh and street tyers.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I would expect you could knock about 0.3 seconds off your time. You might be able to improve slightly on the 15.2 with some practice. Then take 0.3 off of the improved number. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
926 Posts
yea, my buddy ran 14.9 with intake......but then again he also ran 15.0 with intake header fidanza flywheel and a racing clutch, so you tell me

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hrm alryte then =[ daym. im hopeing for a 14.5 or 14.6 ROFL am i asking for too much
when i went stock i was hopeing for a 14.9 HAHAHA
btw, what does a stock type r do? dc2r and dc5r.

and yes i have a gts :p

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I ran a 14.4 in my Type R with only an AEM intake. Some people reported running 14.5 (like the time SCC published) in stock trim, but I figure I would have been a 14.7 or so stock.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
vyets said:
woah quick lol
same power, is it caus the lsd and they never fall outta vtec yea.?
LSD doesn't do anything for you in a straight line in my experience. The powerband on the ITR is much bigger than the GTS, and the transmissions better matches the engine. On this run I shifted at 8k rpm instead of the 8400 rpm redline. When doing so, the engine lands at around 6300 rpm, well above the 5700 VTEC crossover.

It was also a good run. I had a 2.2 60' time, so I got off nice and quick. Once past that point, the car did the rest. I just wish I'd gone back to the track after I installed the header. On the butt dyno, the header surprised me by giving a bigger power increase above 6k rpm than the intake did.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
what 1/4 mile time would i run w/ injen cai, lsd, fidanza flywheel, trd exhaust, boosted 2.0's ported headers

then what about with 20

by the way, lsd does help during launch, it prevents 1 wheel from spinning and regains tractions by turning the other wheel.

basically, it balances the power between two wheels, and this is a very important mod. expecially on a drag strip! and even more important on the track.

·
Registered
243 Posts
00gtsGETemHIGH said:
what 1/4 mile time would i run w/ injen cai, lsd, fidanza flywheel, trd exhaust, boosted 2.0's ported headers

then what about with 20

by the way, lsd does help during launch, it prevents 1 wheel from spinning and regains tractions by turning the other wheel.

basically, it balances the power between two wheels, and this is a very important mod. expecially on a drag strip! and even more important on the track.
Not too sure what you would run with "headers"... :AF: But with a header and those mods...maybe a 14.6 if your a good driver.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
daym type R's are really that quick..
that means they can beat s15's easily then. s15's are doing 14.7 stock.
i thought only the jdm itr's are fast, and the audm or usdm is abit slower.
btw i got the trd exhaust on.. cant notice diffrence? =/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts