NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have A 2000 Celica Gts Just Bought It. I Have A Small Problem With It. The Intake Manifold Tubes (the One Farthest To The Driver Side) Has A Dent In It. Will That Affect The Cars Power Or Cause Any Problems? If I Need To Replace The Intake, Do You Know Where I Can Get One For Cheap Cause The Dealer Wants $700 For It. Also, When I Downshift From 6 To 5 Or 4 It Grinds But Not If I Shift To 3 First Then To 5 Or 4 Without Letting Go Of The Clutch No Grind. . I Am Thinking About Putting Redline Mt90 Gearoil In It. Will That Help Or Eliminate The Prob?

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
the redline mt-90 is a 50/50 on taking care of the grinding. It fixed my problem on the 4th downshift, but for others it didn't help.

As for the intake manifold, if one of your runners is slightly dimpled it wouldn't kill your performance, but here recently a member of this board with the name SbocaJ55 is selling his stock intake manifold, b/c he has the greddy kit now. I think its polished and ported as well.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let Me Know How Much He Wants For The Intake I Am Interested In Buying It. What Else Do You Recommend For The Trans Problem. I Just Bought This Car A Week Ago I Used To Have A '01 Gt Which Was Nothing Like The Gts As For Power. What Do You Recommend Upgrading On This First.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221698

you might want to go ahead and pm him, it looks like others have interest too.

as for your first upgrades, it depends on your overall "plan" for the car. Personally I started with a CAI and moved right into suspension, but for some that may not be good enough...so do lots of searches here and make sure you read EVERYTHING you can about parts before you buy, because lord knows how many i've ended up going back and replacing with something better or just the oem stuff cause it looked bad.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx Man. I Just Want To Add Some Power To It. I'm Not Out To Make A Dragster Out Of A Celica. I Want Some More Punch To It Pulling Away In Gears. My Converter Was Bad So I Just Got A Oem For $400 Put That On Hope The Car Runs Better Now. Cai Probably Then Maybe A Chip I Heard The Celica Has A Lot More Potential Than What The Ecu Is Letting It Put Out.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
u need to stop typing like that dude..it's so freaking hard to read..mine tranny is doing the same thing..downshift from 5th to 4th will grind..but if i do it slow enough, it won't...as for the redline tranny fluid..i put that in, i got extended pushrod (suppose to help prevent these kind of thing) but didn't really help all that much..i'm just gonnah have to saves up for a new tranny..which is about 2k for a brand new one shipped to my door, then another 200-400for putting it in....

also redline mt-90 have two diff grade..75w90 and 75w90NS..i used the first one..i heard the 2nd one is the one u suppose to use or it work better...i dunno..maybe someone would explain it to ya...good luck with the intake thingy..and stop typing with cap. in each word man..nobody do that..

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
there is no "chip" for the celica. Either you buy a piggy back that only works halfway or you opt to go to the full standalone systems. Toyota designed the worlds most annoying compensatory unit. If i didn't need mine anymore i really would smash it with a hammer because it pisses me off resetting it every couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I Was Chaning My Lift Bolts Today And Guess What? The Bolt To The Front Of The Engine Is Broken In There. What Do I Do Now? Help!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.