NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am potentially selling off part of my turbo kit. This would be a "tuner" kit meaning you will get only part of what you need. You would be responsible for fuel system (MWR 630cc injectors and 255 lph pump), engine management (Power FC) and most of the intercooler setup. What you would get are the parts that are truly difficult and expensive to make. What I would be selling:

1. IHI VF23 turbo from XS turbo kit. The turbine housing will have brand new ceramic coating from Polydyn with 0 miles post coating.
2. Brand new manifold made by Smaay. This is made of heavy-wall mild steel and was built to replace my XS manifold, which cracked. Again, Polydyn ceramic coating and 0 miles total, menaing this was never installed on a car.
3. Custom modified XS downpipe. This will be ceramic coated as well and includes the wideband port as well as a custom divorced wastegate setup, which means the wastegate fow exits in its own tube and merges downstream, increasing efficiency.
4. The intercooler pipe coming off the turbo. This is the one pipe that will not translate to my new setup and is also the most difficult pipe to make so that the whole system fits on your car.
5. My completely street tuned Power FC map. This is a dyno-ready map with over 50 revisions into it. It can get over 30 mpg on the highway, 22-23 around town and is perfectly safe for tuning. As long as you replicated my fuel setup, this map will drop in with no tuning required. Only dyno tuning is necessary to extract maximum power.

The reason I'm considering selling this is that I'm moving my power goals up and this turbo won't produce what I want. This setup has been shown to make around 270 whp at about 8 psi on a car with a very open exhaust. The downpipe is designed to be adapted to the stock midpipe, but you can also run a custom exhaust if you want.

I am looking for $1200 for this setup.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Very interested. How many miles the Turbo has ran before the coating?

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
great price, and a good time for someone who's looking to turbocharge their car! I have the same turbo set up, and it made the Celica more fun to drive around now! GL with the sale jesse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts