NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here's the deal, there was a thread on this board a couple days back about the possibility of MBAutoSport.com making a Buddy Club front bumper in urethane, but it fell through for lack of interest. One of the things a lot of people said is that they should make another front bumper, one that is nicer looking, in urethane. So, I gave Cody at MB a call and asked about the CWII possibly being put into production, and he said it could be done. You can find a pic of the CW II bumper here: http://www.everythingcelica.com/gal2/exterior2/C_WestII_YotaRacer02

But, the thing is that we need close to 50 people to be willing to put down a $50 deposit on the bumper if we get enough people...then, when the bumper is done, you would end up paying $300 for the bumper shipped anywhere in the continental U.S. (total price: $350 shipped). Anyways, I talked to him for about 15 minutes about the bumper to make sure that this was going to be quality.

First, he said that they are most likely going to need someone in the area (Whittier, CA, right by LA he said) to possibly test fit the fiberglass bumper to make the mold and later the urethane final production bumper. He said that they are going to make sure this thing fits really well and that it shouldn't cost that much to have installed and painted a body shop. He said that this thing would be really good quality like their blitz urethane bumper (which by the way fits really well from what I have seen).

Anyways, I am in charge of putting a list together if there is enough interest on this. I have never done something like this before so I am hoping it works out. Anyways, all I need from people is an e-mail ([email protected]) or PM telling me that you are interested and willing to put down a deposit upon the time that we might have enough people. Personal information at this point isn't really necessary since we are a long way from getting this thing into production.

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
Now that bumper is a much better choice. Only problem is the fiberglass ones fit so bad, they're going to have a hard time making a good mold from one. I definately would like to see this become a reality even though I already have a CWII front. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Werd, I'm down, but I just don't want to deal with fitment problems, thats what keeps me from buying a full bumper replacement. I would hate to put money down and then pay 300 more(wich is a really good price) to get some half ass product, I would like to see the finished product first. and it will be hard to get 50 people in on this, the way people flake out.

·
8,944 Posts
yota_racer said:
My CWII front fit just fine. Not sure what happened with yours man. djTOYs fit good too. ;)
I guess its like all mass produced fiberglass stuff here in the US...each one is slightly different, unlike urethane. You roll the dice so to speak.

On a side note: if I recall correctly, DjToy's front had to be re-done because of stress cracks and other fitament issues. Couple other guys here had the same problems with theirs.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK guys...to address the fitment issue, the guy assured me that if they got someone to test out the front fitment for a fiberglass one, they would make the mold from one that fit like yota's, which is near perfect (sorry yota, but I told him to look at a pic of your car). This will fit well, he assured me of that. Before they even think about selling it, he said they will test fit the urethane version on a Celica.

So c'mon guys...if you're down...send me a PM. I really wanna get this rolling. I have faith I can get enough people, this is one bad-ass looking front end.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
MBauto has tarnished it's reputation around here due to the quality of their kits and hoodscoops not to mention customer service. I don't think you'll get that many people interested in this kit due to the manufacter, now if TRD or RMM were to do something like this, the response would be more overwhelming.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Honestly, and not to be a prick or anything, but I don't know if I want MB Autosport making any part of the CWII kit at all. I won't go into detail, but I have my reasons.

·
8,944 Posts
HilfigerCelica said:
if TRD or RMM were to do something like this, the response would be more overwhelming.

That would never happen, even in a fantasy world...TRD never makes their own stuff, its all made by outside manufacturers and rebadged by TRD then marked up 3x it's worth.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys...this bumper will be of good quality...believe me, I will make sure of it, I'm a perfectionist, and I don't want a bad bumper, just as much as you guys don't want one. Their urethane Blitz is really good, and this one should be better.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chiznarles said:
there is NO WAY IN HELL you are going to get 50 ppl down for a bumper.. just look at the other group buys on this forum and see how many ppl participate.. 50 ppl is too hard
Well, I thought it was worth a try...meh...forget it, I guess I'll end up getting the Kaminari kit after all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.