NewCelica.org Forum banner

Interior Electrical Stuff Turned Off Please Help!!

658 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  2way 
#1 ·
This seems to me to be a very strange problem. I started my car the other day when i was leaving work and everything turned on and was ready to go and after I got about a mile all the interior electrical stuff stopped working. My door locks still work but not the sunroof or windows. My headlights and taillights will turn on and the needles will light up but my fog lights will not come and and the speedometer and tach do not work nor does the fuel gauge. I pulled the fuses in the fuse panel and none of the fuses appear to be blown. If the fuse box itself stopped working I wouldnt have door locks or dome light or headlights. Is it possible that even though the fuses dont look blown that they are bad? Anyone have any thoughts. The car still starts and runs just fine. I tried a new battery and that didnt change anything. If it was the alternator dying the new battery would have let everything turn back on until there wasnt enough power again and my car would probably die as well. I'm just completely confused on what this could be. I'm going to buy a test light today to try and see if the fuses are bad and replace them but if its not that I am beside myself in trying to figure out what could have caused this. Thanks for any help you can provide.

#2 ·
Check the large 120A ALT fuse in the underhood fusebox.

#5 ·
i forget the name of it but inside the car at the fuse panel there there is a large red piece its basicly the interior comp. it prob has a bad connection wiggle it around. I just sold one to a guy about a month ago that had the same prob. as you and it fixed it. either way good luck. If it is your prob let me know bc i prob have one i can sell you

#6 ·
Did you ever figure out why your AM1 fuse was blowing?

#8 ·
Umm.... AM1 is on the same buss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.