NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just picked up a Invidia Exhaust system and was wondering how hard is it to install? Or should I let a professional do it? I saw the installation guide for the TRD Exhaust, and if its pretty much that simple for the Indivia as well I think i could handle it. What do you guys think? :wiggle:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea i figured it couldn't be that hard, but holy **** those 2 bolts holding the stock muffler are a pain!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Use WD-40 or liquid wrench. It shouldnt take no more than 20 minutes for the whole installation. Probably have to get 2 nuts for the bolts though.

·
Registered
177 Posts
did u get the axle back invidia exhaust if u did ur stock exhaust has 3 spots to unleash from the rubber hanger u need alot of WD-40 spray it alot on the rubber and let it set for few mins should come off easy have a 2 or 1 friends to help u out so one person can pull and one can hold after the stock exhaust is take out the invidia has 3 hooks u need to put on the rubber hanger but the middle hook on the exhaust need to welded in but no need for that jus use a string that cats like to play wit and tight it to ur one of ur medal on ur car remember u cant use plastic to hold ur exhaust cause it will melt

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Exhaust is easy as it gets. breaking the bolts loose is the hardest thing. get some wd-40 cause you will want it to lube the hangers too. a good pair of channel locks doesn't hurt either. You could do it by yourself but chances are you will probably end up scratching that nice shiny new exhaust so get a friend to help you with it. do the hanger closest to the flange first, then the one near the bumper and finally the one on the opposite side. and then the reverse for installation. thats what I have found to be the easiest way.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Heat the nut on the axle-back portion with an oxy torch, being careful not to heat up the bolt too much. Once it gets glowy, hit it with an impact gun. The bolts will zip right out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it on! easy beans, thanks guys.

·
Banned
9,353 Posts
Bolt on so it's easy, at least you don't have the kazuma like me it has to be welded on.

·
Registered
917 Posts
just have wd 40 handy

·
Registered
67 Posts
did u get the axle back invidia exhaust if u did ur stock exhaust has 3 spots to unleash from the rubber hanger u need alot of WD-40 spray it alot on the rubber and let it set for few mins should come off easy have a 2 or 1 friends to help u out so one person can pull and one can hold after the stock exhaust is take out the invidia has 3 hooks u need to put on the rubber hanger but the middle hook on the exhaust need to welded in but no need for that jus use a string that cats like to play wit and tight it to ur one of ur medal on ur car remember u cant use plastic to hold ur exhaust cause it will melt
whew that was tough. using some periods would help readers breathe.:eek::

1 - 12 of 12 Posts