NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just wondering ill be taking an exam tommorow for my online class and one of my friends will be using my computer afterwards since she'll be here anyways. I have a dial up modem 56K and i was wondering if my friends used my computer, would it give the same IP address?(Meaning that would my teacher know that we used the same computer) would I have to disconnect then connect again to change it? because if it does give the same IP i could be accused for cheating, :(

sorry if it sounds unclear im not very good at computers.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yes, you have to disconnect and then reconnect to recieve a new IP. And even then, you aren't guaranteed to get a new one, although it's highly likely that you would.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
it will reassign you an ip adress as long as you reconnect and give it some time to replicate.

·
Registered
715 Posts
most likely if when you connect to your isp, and then go to you school's site , you will receive the same ip both times if the isp gives ip addresses based on dhcp. the dhcp server's pool usually does not get refreshed that often. you will mostlikely get the same ip address again.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
again like i said going to the schools site or not if he dials up through his isp vis aol earthlink msn etc etc then the ip address will be renewed, as long as there is some time between dial up. REPLICATION is the key here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts