NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything that can be done for the paint spidering? I rear ended a truck no long ago and about a month later the paint all round the toyota emblem whole on my Kam kit spidered, it has white cracks but it's underneth. And i have some tree sap that I've used bug and tar remover and a clay bar on and it still wont' come off.

BTW A long time ago I bought that black magic stuff that puts sparkles all over your car, but I put it on too thick and there are still sparkles in my vinyl that runs around the windows and there is practically no way to get it off. Man I was so stupid!

· Registered
154 Posts
Is there anything that can be done for the paint spidering? I rear ended a truck no long ago and about a month later the paint all round the toyota emblem whole on my Kam kit spidered, it has white cracks but it's underneth.
First off Irritations is how it is spelled. ;) And, sorry but you're stuck!

And i have some tree sap that I've used bug and tar remover and a clay bar on and it still wont' come off.
Margarine. Yes, really! Let it sit for a while. It will soften it and make it much easier to wipe off. Check it every so often.

BTW A long time ago I bought that black magic stuff that puts sparkles all over your car, but I put it on too thick and there are still sparkles in my vinyl that runs around the windows and there is practically no way to get it off.
:worthless First off, I want the pix so we can all laugh at you (j/k). Seriously though, if you can post pix perhaps I can see what you're talking about. If not then post a link to the product so I can know what it is we're trying to break down.

Man I was so stupid!
We all have our moments!

Mike

· Registered
16,611 Posts
Well that was yesterday and this is today, so any pictures or links?

Try the margarine. I've also had success by covering the area w/ a hot, wet towel and letting it sit in the sun for a while. You could also soften it up w/ a hair dryer.

The only glitter stuff that I know of is for your tires. Please don't tell me you used that on the whole car. Don't be affraid to use a clay bar on the plastics. Maybe that'll pick up the glitter.

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry dammit I'm waiting on a friend to e-mail me the pictures, I took pictures of all the stuff that pisses me off about my car. NO no no there is stuff you spray on your paint and stuff that was glittery, I had no mods and I wanted to have something that night (I had hubcaps and no spoiler!!). But I will have pics up soon.

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here is the spidered paint: The scratches and roughness where because when I hit the truck my stock toyota emblem fell off and I couldn't find it.

Here is the sparkles in the vinyl trim: (I know i'm a tard)

Here are some other pics I took maybe you guys can tell me how to fix them:

Sunroof is nasty, I'm pretty sure they put too much grease on the tracks when they had to fix it and dirt just stuck to it

Here is the weird crap in the my seat I can't get out:

And here is the worse scrape on the front and the side skirt:

· Registered
16,611 Posts
Pic#1 - There is nothing that detailing can do. You have stressed the body panel and the paint has cracked/separated from it.

Pic#2 - Can you pick the sparkles off 1 at a time with you finger nail? If so, try a clay bar on them.

Pic#3 - If you clean up the sunroof tracks make sure that you find the recomended grease to put back on in a more controlled manner.

Pic#4 - What stain was there originally? Looks like you tried to use one of those oxi-cleaners. Or was it just sweaty ass? ;) Looks like a job for a carpet extractor.

Pic#5 - The scrape on the sideskirt, in the wheelwell you'll just have to live with. The paint has totally peeled back. Your options are: live with it or take it to a shop and have them prep and paint the area or hit the area with a light sandpaper and then use some touch-up paint yourself. It's the wheel well and these things can be expected.

Pic#6 - Be cautious of where you drive. This requires a full repaint. Have a body shop look the front facia over for any structural damage (pic#1&#6), repair it, and then give the whole thing a respray.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.