NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have watched several videos from the youtube and make a brief video of BONOSS forged lightweight plus wheel spacers and details of the product are found from the website. I still confuse because many videos in the youtube are in different opinions. According to my experience, I don't consider it as a problem as long as check the condition of car regularly. Many details are in my consideration while I selecting the brand of wheel spacers, including the material, standards, manufacturer, technology. The material of BONOSS forged lightweight plus wheel spacers is 7075-T6 forged aluminum alloy and it also attract my by its Hub-centric design.
I try to install the product on the Mercedes-Benz S450L, and I am satisfy with the result.

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,876 Posts
This post smacks of advertising... which you have to pay a fee for here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
Wheel spacers... Good or bad... I mean seriously....
Strut bars are good, makes cornering better. Strut bars are bad, weakens parts of your chassis.
Open pod is good, engine breaths better. Open pod is bad, lose low end and risk more dirt into engine.
My point is, most mods will cause premature wear on the car, in one way or another. So it a fully stock car good? "Never..." The car enthusiast will say...

Anyway lets get back to my topic. Wheel spacers... Some say just get proper off set rims... And seems many who are against it say it will cause premature wheel bearing wear. Seriously wouldn't a smaller off set rim (wider) also cause the small problem?
And we all know most cars are designed to under steer, so that means the rear wheel axle should be shorter. And they are on most cars... I always thought a modded wider rear will increase under steer, some friends said so... But after some research, I think in fact under steer will be less. Maybe different cars will have different effects. Anyone got facts to share?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all,
Wheel spacers... Good or bad... I mean seriously....
Strut bars are good, makes cornering better. Strut bars are bad, weakens parts of your chassis.
Open pod is good, engine breaths better. Open pod is bad, lose low end and risk more dirt into engine.
My point is, most mods will cause premature wear on the car, in one way or another. So it a fully stock car good? "Never..." The car enthusiast will say...

Anyway lets get back to my topic. Wheel spacers... Some say just get proper off set rims... And seems many who are against it say it will cause premature wheel bearing wear. Seriously wouldn't a smaller off set rim (wider) also cause the small problem?
And we all know most cars are designed to under steer, so that means the rear wheel axle should be shorter. And they are on most cars... I always thought a modded wider rear will increase under steer, some friends said so... But after some research, I think in fact under steer will be less. Maybe different cars will have different effects. Anyone got facts to share?
I think one of the reason why people like to modify their cars is they want to be special.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts