NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
too want to make my celica look good but not spend money on the engine/performance(atleast not right away) I know people who do this are called ricers

but why waste my money on performance if im never gonna use it right now im planning getting a nice body kit nice paint job really good sound system(music is my life) and rims then after all this maybe start spending money on performance

so is it really that bad?

edit: please excuse my horrible grammer

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
If you do it tastefully you wouldn't be called a ricer. Bottom line, why would you care what others think? It's your money, it's your car, you do what you want with it.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
someone else said it but i like it. "don't fix your car based on other peoples thoughts."

it's what makes it yours, if you like it, that's all that matters. no matter what you do, people will have their opinion, good or bad.

for me it's my hobby, finding, selling, changing, fixing, maintaining the celica.

good luck

·
Registered
275 Posts
do whatever it is that'll make you happy. I've seen a lot of cars, especially automatics where people go in just for looks. than again, they just don't go for a simple body kit, rims, and a sound system. they go all out with fiberglass work, paint job with decals, interior paint which btw, I saw your other post about painting your interior, and fiberglass chassy for the system they go riding in the truck. just do it, if you're not a racer, than you're not a racer. ;p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heh I knew everyone wasnt like that thanks for the opinions guys

and yea im gonna do a sick paintjob not sure what yet tho first I wanted to do a candy blue /blue neon set up but now im thinking of keeping it black and doing some red vinyls/red lights a black widow kind of thing

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
i personally am currently in that same mode. i am still trying to keep most of my warrenty. only performance is intake and SS and both are more for appearence the anything else. I get flammed for all show and no go but i dont give a da mn, its my car and my $. I have to live with whats on it, not everyone else :) So take it from me. Whatever you do or dont do to ur car ur gonna get hate. Its a fact of life. But as long as u dont care what others think then u will be happy.

btw Cegonax why do u still have the blue celi in ur cig when u dont have it anymore?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hombredelassrta said:
i personally am currently in that same mode. i am still trying to keep most of my warrenty. only performance is intake and SS and both are more for appearence the anything else. I get flammed for all show and no go but i dont give a da mn, its my car and my $. I have to live with whats on it, not everyone else :) So take it from me. Whatever you do or dont do to ur car ur gonna get hate. Its a fact of life. But as long as u dont care what others think then u will be happy.

btw Cegonax why do u still have the blue celi in ur cig when u dont have it anymore?
yea I saw your celica the interior (not including the trunk) is almost exactly what I want to do. hope you dont mind if I ask how much did it cost you to change your dash like that and did you install it yourself

aka the touch screen and how the sides are painted

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
hombredelassrta said:

I'll change it when i get my 2005 Celica GTS...So for now it's just a memorial memory of my GT.
:sadpace:

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
someone was just asking me about this on TC so i'll just copy what i posted:

with reguard to c/f wrapping
"Take a full center console out of ur car. Ship it to a carbon fiber wrapper and have it professionally wrapped in real carbon fiber. For this expect between 300-500+.

-The cheapest wrapping is julia([email protected]) or fibercation.com(reccommend julia and tell her hombre sent u) Fibercation did my dash but if u go with them prepare to have the dash reclearcoated and wetsanded because their finish isnt great.

-The most expensive and most worth it if u have hte cash in my opinion is topshopheadliners.com . They did my full headliner and door inserts. They cost average 2x as much as julia and fibercation but this will be professional show quality to perfection. Most people however cannot afford them so they mainly produce parts and not get things wrapped."

costs for all c/f in the car that i rememberd:

-Center console: say about 300 for the 3 center piece to be wrapped and then recleared
-Arm rest: 50 or so
-Speedo surround: about 90 i think.
-speedo insert: 30
-Glove box plate which i didnt show pic of was: 60
-Cup surround and door inserts: 60
-Topshop door insert (not shows but on now): 200
-Headliner: 400 or so
-Pillars: 150 (Ebay)
-ebrake: $25 (on ebay)
-Shift knob: special edition trd: dont recall and noone has been able to quote. We'll say 30 becasue i got it used.
-AC vents: i think were about 50
-Ashtray switchplate(not shown): 30
-headunit sticker. got large rool for like 25

Total estimated: 1500.

as for the rest of the interrior. I painted it myself. I took out all the pannels 1 weekend and went at it. i had a painting plastic instlal on allgen but it went down. gonna be redoing the guides now i guess. wasnt all to expensive. a can or 2 of plastic primer, about 3 or 4 cans of blue i think, and about 3 or so cans of clear if i'm not mistaken.

the center console is a jdm center console. you can get it for 150 from karacing on here. My screen is a 7" vga touchscreen. optimal size for this hole is 6.5" but for vga (required for my car-computer setup) was 7" so actually some is cut off of the bottom. my screen was like 250 on ebay i think. the rest of the car computer setup is a long list i posted in audio section on here.

if you have more questions let me know

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hombredelassrta said:
someone was just asking me about this on TC so i'll just copy what i posted:

with reguard to c/f wrapping
"Take a full center console out of ur car. Ship it to a carbon fiber wrapper and have it professionally wrapped in real carbon fiber. For this expect between 300-500+.

-The cheapest wrapping is julia([email protected]) or fibercation.com(reccommend julia and tell her hombre sent u) Fibercation did my dash but if u go with them prepare to have the dash reclearcoated and wetsanded because their finish isnt great.

-The most expensive and most worth it if u have hte cash in my opinion is topshopheadliners.com . They did my full headliner and door inserts. They cost average 2x as much as julia and fibercation but this will be professional show quality to perfection. Most people however cannot afford them so they mainly produce parts and not get things wrapped."

costs for all c/f in the car that i rememberd:

-Center console: say about 300 for the 3 center piece to be wrapped and then recleared
-Arm rest: 50 or so
-Speedo surround: about 90 i think.
-speedo insert: 30
-Glove box plate which i didnt show pic of was: 60
-Cup surround and door inserts: 60
-Topshop door insert (not shows but on now): 200
-Headliner: 400 or so
-Pillars: 150 (Ebay)
-ebrake: $25 (on ebay)
-Shift knob: special edition trd: dont recall and noone has been able to quote. We'll say 30 becasue i got it used.
-AC vents: i think were about 50
-Ashtray switchplate(not shown): 30
-headunit sticker. got large rool for like 25

Total estimated: 1500.

as for the rest of the interrior. I painted it myself. I took out all the pannels 1 weekend and went at it. i had a painting plastic instlal on allgen but it went down. gonna be redoing the guides now i guess. wasnt all to expensive. a can or 2 of plastic primer, about 3 or 4 cans of blue i think, and about 3 or so cans of clear if i'm not mistaken.

the center console is a jdm center console. you can get it for 150 from karacing on here. My screen is a 7" vga touchscreen. optimal size for this hole is 6.5" but for vga (required for my car-computer setup) was 7" so actually some is cut off of the bottom. my screen was like 250 on ebay i think. the rest of the car computer setup is a long list i posted in audio section on here.

if you have more questions let me know
thanks much love

·
I'm back :)
2,963 Posts
I think it's fine. Like everyone said It's your car just stay away from park benches and graphics. I know how u feel cuz I drive an auto gt-s and performance is pointless. Plus appearance is cheaper imo. there are a lot of diy on appearance

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Yeah..make it look good with no performance you ricer! lol...just playin man. A lot of people go the route of style first. As others have said...your car...your money...as long as you're happy with it..who cares.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts