NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I currently have two locked maps in my eManage Ultimate - the one I'm using and one I've never tried. I can't get passwords for either :(

Is it safe to delete just the map I'm not using, and then upload a new un-locked map to that slot, or am I in danger of nuking the other map too?

In an ideal world I'd be able to at least backup the locked maps (surely this could be tied to eManage serial numbers if piracy were an issue) but as they're locked, I can only delete them :rolleyes:

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Yes. The dipswitches determine which of two saved maps will be used, according to Greddy. Is the first locked one theirs? Do you need a copy of their unlocked base?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jlitman said:
Yes. The dipswitches determine which of two saved maps will be used, according to Greddy. Is the first locked one theirs? Do you need a copy of their unlocked base?

Hi Jiltman - no actually the 1st map is the one I paid to have tuned but the tuner doesn't want to give me the password for (and I can't be bothered fighting for it as of yet!).

I was actually asking because I'd like to install the maps you kindly sent me in slot 2 and then have a play with the auto A/F adjustment (once I've knocked up a cable).

As long as the software doesn't number the maps differently to the dip-switches, I should be OK, but there's no going back if I nuke map 1 or both maps :(

Ah well, he who dares...

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Gravel said:
jlitman said:

Hi Jiltman - no actually the 1st map is the one I paid to have tuned but the tuner doesn't want to give me the password for (and I can't be bothered fighting for it as of yet!).

I was actually asking because I'd like to install the maps you kindly sent me in slot 2 and then have a play with the auto A/F adjustment (once I've knocked up a cable).

As long as the software doesn't number the maps differently to the dip-switches, I should be OK, but there's no going back if I nuke map 1 or both maps :(

Ah well, he who dares...
Well, worst case scenario, you will be able to use my map to get you to the shop for a copy of your original map :)

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
If you delete it it will toast both maps.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boosted2.0 said:
Damn! That's was what I was afraid of. :(

Thanks Boosted - you've saved me from making a very expensive/tedious mistake :)

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
Really? You mean it can store and toggle between two maps, but it all gets saved in one place? What a crappy file management system... yeesh.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jlitman said:
Really? You mean it can store and toggle between two maps, but it all gets saved in one place? What a crappy file management system... yeesh.
If you're feeling really generous, you could test the theory for me jiltman : Save off your current maps, then set passwords on them. Close the software and shut off the emanage. Then try reconnecting to the eManage - it should say your maps are protected - if you click ignore or whatever, you'll end up with two maps full of zeros in the software. You could then try deleting the map you are not using or simply uploading your current map from disk to that slot, and then see what's happened to the map in slot 1 by unlocking it with the password.

I would guess though that Boosted2.0 knows from experience...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts