NewCelica.org Forum banner

is it safe to still import from Japan?

392 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  kaioshin 
#1 ·
Hello, Just a dumb question..................... Due to the outbreak of SARS in Japan and the other eastern nations, is there a higher chance of contracting SARS when you import JDM crap from Japan? Just a random thought.

#2 · (Edited)
I would say....

no to no higher risk. Importing stuff should be ok. Seems the virus doesn't live long out of the body.

Clinical presentation of SARS is of a prodromal illness with sudden onset of fever. Lower respiratory phase begins within 3-7 days after onset of prodrome.
Transmission is occurring through close contact with a symptomatic person. Close contact means having cared for, lived with or had face to face (within one metre) contact with, or direct contact with respiratory secretions and/or body fluids of a person with SARS.
The cases that are the most ill are the most communicable.
There may be transmission during the prodromal period (i.e., when early symptoms are present).
Transmission from an asymptomatic person is very unlikely
Infection control measures, including the use of NIOSH approved N95 respirator3 (mask) or equivalent are effective.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/pphb-dgspsp/sars-sras/ic-ci/sars-icg-hcwotherinst_e.html

#8 ·
this is "options" plan 44-b, the "other option" is still in effect, just might take longer than expected but it's all good. can't wait for those Crane Cams and valve springs and other goodies for a LONG OVER DUE support for this engine.:evil:

#10 ·
Don P said:
this is "options" plan 44-b, the "other option" is still in effect, just might take longer than expected but it's all good. can't wait for those Crane Cams and valve springs and other goodies for a LONG OVER DUE support for this engine.:evil:
ahhh.... coo coo. Yeah I saw the thread for the crower cams too. prolly need to get a POWER FC if you get the cams though.

#11 ·
yeah, well have to see when they come out, more money to spend to get one more thing working, funny how that works. You buy one thing and you have to buy more crap just to get the max out of the first thing! it's one big F--Ked up circle of life, er mods and stuff.:whogives:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.