NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on a cold start i hit the gas a tiny bit really quickly and held it there, the rpms dropped really bad. normally due to my dirty IACV or the bogging w/ my AEM cai i just ignore it because i know it's nothing to freak out over, but yesterday the rpms dropped really badly, i'm talking about dropping to the point to where it's getting ready to stall out on me. but that's not the end of it, it's not like when i hit the gas like that the rpms just dropped real quickly, it slowly started going down, it went from 1,000-700, held there for a couple seconds then 700 to around 300 and then i freaked out and let off the gas and it went back up to around 1,000. is this supposed to happen? what do you guys think? thanks.

·
Registered
634 Posts
based on my previous MANY experience with this kind of problem (mine is 2000 Auto GT-S), this might help:
1. dirty IACV, MAF or O2 Sensor
Get them cleaned or replaced if necessary
2. Battery / Alternator
3. Bad Spark Plugs - make sure you only get Denso Iridium IK20. i got Greddy Iridium last year but less than a year, it was COOKED!!!!
4. Dirty Fuel Filter - don't trust the manual which says that it has lifetime lifespan. i got mine replaced 2`weeks ago when my car would die at a stop / intersection.
5. Check your injectors and injector seals.... make sure they are not leaking... when they are leaking, the engine will be running lean...........

trust me i have gone though 3-4 occasions like that.... i have been though all those above when my car was 'hospitalized' 3 weeks ago.

Good Luck, and let me know or PM me if you need more info

1 - 2 of 2 Posts