NewCelica.org Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
3,065 Posts
You guys dont have emissions checks right? Get a Power FC ;)

Push lift engage down, max RPM up and BAM you have it made in the shade. Make the transition from 5th to 6th at 8500 RPM with the lift turning on as low as 5400 and you'll never drop out of it.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Griffin said:
You guys dont have emissions checks right? Get a Power FC ;)
Wrong again. We do have emission checks you have to pass every 2 years. The limits are quite close to the US levels by now. There is also serious techincal inspections independent of that which you also have to pass every 2 years. Judging from my time in the US I dare say that about a third of the cars road on american roads wouldn't pass them.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
exotic performance said:
hey GTSinGermany did you get my pm i sent you. Man i never get passed by golf GTI's
Ok, I'm joking abot the Golfs. The only Golf that is a problem is the old VR6. But I got passed by a few cars that I know for a fact are in the 150-180 HP range.
As much fun the power characteristics of the GTS with the razor sharp peak at 7800 is, sometimes a flatter power curve pays off. But on the other hand you usually have to buy that with a much higher fuel consumption...

· Registered
145 Posts
according to sport compact car magazine, having an intake actually may reduce your top speed, as the turbulence sucks air around the intake, depriving it of air.

· Registered
8,913 Posts
Hungster said:
hmmm dooly you cant hit lift in 6th??? have you ever passes 135 mph before???
I think speedo was reading at around 137/138
After that.. it just stop accelerating..... accelerating feels like it can still go faster.. but it just stay there.....
I gotta swap the ECU soon.... I wanna feel the landing on lift....

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.