NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because this morning, I saw 3 LANCER EVOLUTION on a delivery truck. There was a red one, black one, and a yellow one. I'm pretty that it's a Lancer Evolution because the badge on the rear said Lancer Evolution. It didn't say Lancer Evolution VIII just Lancer Evolution. It looked really awesome. It seemed that the spoiler is made out of carbon fiber because it looked like a carbon fiber inside the spoiler and was painted on the outside. It also had altezza lights. The hood was wrapped so I couldn't see if it had the vents. It also had the ugly front bumper. It would have been better if they used the old design. Just letting you guys know. Peace

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Yep its out but it will probably be the end of the month before all dealers in the us have them. Scum dealers are trying hard to get all the money they can out of this car but i heard a report that most people are staying strong and getting the car for msrp or a grand or 2 over. Reports also say this car is one badass performer-I want one. Right now i will be getting one by the end of the year, assuming nothing maraculus happens.

·
Registered
361 Posts
So far i've only heard of people in Cali seeing them. Probably workin their way across the US now. I've heard some dealers marking them up over $8k. I don't think that'll last long. There's no way the car is worth close to $40k. It's an amazing performer but the interior is crap even for a $30k car. The recaros are nice, but everything else is cheap. Supposedly the JDM Evo7s has a much nicer interior. U can buy a jdm Evo7 from some of the importers for about $35k. They claim that they're US road legal too, although there's some debate over that. IMO the 7 looks 100x better (doesn't have that pos american car bumper and crap altezzas, wtf were they thinkin?!), the jdm cars have the AYC and ACD electronic diffs too. Evo8 in japan also has a new 6spd. We're getting a little shafted over here in the US, but shouldn't complain, at least we're finally getting the Evo. I bet next year we'll see an upgraded Evo8 since the US wrx sti is gonna man handle the current US spec Evo8 at a price of a little over $30k supposedly.

·
Buck Futter
1,934 Posts
agreed. for me to buy that car, the interior would have to be so much better than it is. for 30k i can get an s4, 328 or 330ci, and so on. granted the 328 can't keep up but i know the s4 can and it is much better looking inside and out.

·
Registered
827 Posts
daaamnnn... 37k on ebay? That's a bit pricey! If I wanted a sedan, i'd probably go for an s4 or a slightly used M3. It's a fast car, but looks fugly IMO. I definitely wouldn't spend over 30k for it!

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
I was about to say the same thing...

I'll say right now..the only thing that appeals to me is it's potential including the brembos, the rims, and the hood. The rest doesn't blow me away at all. I look at it...and I just think...oh..that's nice.

It just looks..uh...it just doesn't do anything for me. :(

I certainly wouldn't pay 38k for one..that's for damn sure. I hate the tachometer and the interior...even the Recaros because of the fabric choice. It looks hella cheap...

But I don't doubt it will hand TONS of cars their azzes in the coming years.

·
Registered
803 Posts
dawgg said:
So far i've only heard of people in Cali seeing them. Probably workin their way across the US now. I've heard some dealers marking them up over $8k. I don't think that'll last long. There's no way the car is worth close to $40k. It's an amazing performer but the interior is crap even for a $30k car. The recaros are nice, but everything else is cheap. Supposedly the JDM Evo7s has a much nicer interior. U can buy a jdm Evo7 from some of the importers for about $35k. They claim that they're US road legal too, although there's some debate over that. IMO the 7 looks 100x better (doesn't have that pos american car bumper and crap altezzas, wtf were they thinkin?!), the jdm cars have the AYC and ACD electronic diffs too. Evo8 in japan also has a new 6spd. We're getting a little shafted over here in the US, but shouldn't complain, at least we're finally getting the Evo. I bet next year we'll see an upgraded Evo8 since the US wrx sti is gonna man handle the current US spec Evo8 at a price of a little over $30k supposedly.
:werd: Well put. I'd rather have the 7 too.

·
Registered
910 Posts
wow i might just trade in my celi for one of those ,they are a fast as sh*t. imagine with mods,whew.totally awsome.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
yup, a dealer here in florida wanted 5k over MSRP! i had to hold off...

i love the car, i think if they had a black one on the lot, i woulda bout it for 35,495, that's what I was quoted for a yellow one... this car is sweet, very responsive, pick's up like a monster, the 4g under the hood is beautiful!

i'm in love

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
What really messed up is that guy auctioning off the ablility to to take over his reversed car but none of the Currently 4000 bid is going to go towards the car. What A scam! By winning that auction you give him 4000+ cash and he hands you a right to buy his car at regular price!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
There are always auctions like that when a new car comes out. There were a ton of them on EBay last year before the Mini Cooper was available.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts