NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo guys, i had my dealership do an alignment and i asked em to fix my rear camber as its really / \ ... they told me they couldnt make it better, do i need the Hotchkis camber links? and if i dont why does hotchkis make them than? HOW do u correct the camber in the back so i can tell the dealership? thanks. jon

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and yes i already did a search!.....how can i tell the dealership how to fix the rear camber?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Yes, the rear is adjustable.

There is supposed to be some negative camber (/ \ as you put it). There should be -1.1 degrees to be exact (yes, it is noticable).

Do yo uhave lowering springs? If so, which ones and how much was the drop.

Also, how much weight does that stereo system add to the back of the car?

The dealership shoud be able to print out your alignment settings (assuming they have it on the alignment machine), so, what is the camber in the rear currently?

Scott

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i will fidn out wat the camber is set at now, my stero weighs pretty damn much back there, and i have Eibach Pro Kit springs on 17's, but the negative camber is definitly noticeable, i will talk to the dealership tommrorow when i go to work and find out wats up. thanks man. jon

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I bet the stereo is the problem, more weight means the rear end is lower, and that means more negative camber...

You just might need those Hotchkis camber links... (though a better solution would be stiffer springs to accomodate the extra load on them).

Scott

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i know man, iwas looking at the same thing. i mean the stereo weighs a ton, two twevles in a box, three amps, cap, so ya i htink i might need em. i meant eh negative camber isnt bad bad, but its definitly noticeable and to much imo. peace. jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts